Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Veg*ans Say

Mikkel

Master
Reaction score
We have the omni thread, but they aren't the only one saying or posting strange things.

So let it come! :D

Mikkel

Master
Reaction score
Vegan food groups!

A Swedish one I followed ended in "what do I want to complain about today". There was the most simplest kind of food with text about that they was single, broken up, didn't pass their exam etc etc. The joy of making nice food kind of dissapeard ...

From an American group I found the post "6 days after I got raped", with a food picture in the comments.

Food groups should be for food. Not oversharing your life with your 23 000 closest friends.

M

Moll Flanders

I was vegetarian for 13 years and didn't eat meat! :DI have known some people who consider fish a vegetable and still call themselves vegetarians, though.:rolleyes:

I was reading a thread about veggie food on a British forum and quite a few people were saying how they were against eating any veggie processed foods. I find that attitude annoying, almost like snobbery. I think it is quite normal to want to eat foods that remind you of burgers, cheese or bacon. As long as they are plant based who cares.

That reminds me that I got the Beyond burger to try!:)

From an American group I found the post "6 days after I got raped", with a food picture in the comments.

Food groups should be for food. Not oversharing your life with your 23 000 closest friends.
What the hell?!

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
I was vegetarian for 13 years and didn't eat meat! :DI have known some people who consider fish a vegetable and still call themselves vegetarians, though.:rolleyes:

I was reading a thread about veggie food on a British forum and quite a few people were saying how they were against eating any veggie processed foods. I find that attitude annoying, almost like snobbery. I think it is quite normal to want to eat foods that remind you of burgers, cheese or bacon. As long as they are plant based who cares.

What the hell?!
I even heard the presenter on a morning (UK) new channel say that she was vegetarian but ate fish. :(

• 🙁
Reactions: Val

Val

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I even heard the presenter on a morning (UK) new channel say that she was vegetarian but ate fish. :(
There is a cute 17y.o. girl in our lyceum, and she is always on a tour with us (to different towns). Well, she claims she's a vegetarian (uses every opportunity to brag it). At the first day of our trip to Kazan', our entire group had a dinner in the cafe inside "The palace of agriculturalists", and she cheerfully started devouring a soup with chicken meat, and then a veal cutlet. I was so amazed that, apparently, i gave her a very astoshished glance. She joked: "I'm too young to limit myself on special occasions, when there is something so delicious around".🤦‍♀️ I only said that being flexitarian is ok too (much better than a hard meat eater)... Of course, i understand that kids were exhausted and hungry after the train, getting up at 8a.m., having an excursion among snowdrifts, etc. etc., but i didn't understand one thing: what so delicious was in that blue-ish chicken in the soup and in that stinky overroasted veal cutlet?

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
There is a cute 17y.o. girl in our lyceum, and she is always on a tour with us (to different towns). Well, she claims she's a vegetarian (uses every opportunity to brag it). At the first day of our trip to Kazan', our entire group had a dinner in the cafe inside "The palace of agriculturalists", and she cheerfully started devouring a soup with chicken meat, and then a veal cutlet. I was so amazed that, apparently, i gave her a very astoshished glance. She joked: "I'm too young to limit myself on special occasions, when there is something so delicious around".🤦‍♀️ I only said that being flexitarian is ok too (much better than a hard meat eater)... Of course, i understand that kids were exhausted and hungry after the train, getting up at 8a.m., having an excursion among snowdrifts, etc. etc., but i didn't understand one thing: what so delicious was in that blue-ish chicken in the soup and in that stinky overroasted veal cutlet?
Why was the chicken blue ? :)

Val

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Why was the chicken blue ? :)
Lol, as we say, "that chicken died its own death" (meaning that it's old, and firm, and inedible, and it has this remarkable blue-ish and gray-ish color). Btw, that's how all meat used to look in the USSR (gray),- at least it wasn't stuffed with an entire Mendeleyev's periodic table, like it is nowadays, and we knew, that despite it was gray, i was "more natural", ...and the animal had "died its own death". We actually used the word "sinjushnaya" (which can be translated as "blue like a skin of a malnourished child that grew up during the siege of Leningrad). Weird, i know, but i'm being honest.😁

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AeryFairy Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say General 1021
VeganSprig Video: Silly Hummus Stop-motion Animated Recipe Lounge 2
Veggiemama Children What silly things have your kids done/said lately? Relationships 16
Blues Woman's passport application rejected because she's an 'annoying' vegan General 7
thefadedone The Annoying Questions General 2
KLS52 The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread Animals 276
Muggle Annoying, floating box thing? Suggestions & Bugs 5
Music Platter Poll: Is it annoying to have old threads re-posted on? Suggestions & Bugs 16
Chris509 Funny- Many stories can have vegan facts in them Philosophy 2
M funny dogs and Babies Playing Together Animals 0
Frosty20 Girl feeds cow from her breast - not funny! General 5
Y A funny discussion about whether EU should ban "meat" names General 4
Forest Nymph Funny "vegan phobia" clip Lounge 1
A Product Funny vegan t-shirt Marketplace 0
Mischief Things that have tickled your funny bone lately Lounge 223
MadamSarcastra Accidentally funny headlines Media & Entertainment 13
MadamSarcastra Funny signs & billboards Lounge 80
Clueless Git Pig & Cookies: Really funny! Lounge 2
Blobbenstein Funny how the weather forecast affects the weather. Lounge 5
Sprout Happy Funny Thanksgiving Turkey Facts to Impress this Holiday Animals 0