Shock horror

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
From England’s green and pleasant land a chef’s Facebook posting has gone viral. Laura Goodman wrote: "Pious, judgmental vegan (who I spent all day cooking for) has gone to bed still believing she's a vegan."

Beware. Poor communication can lead to serious upset or even wars. Apparently a pre-booked vegan party was not entirely vegan and one or two veggies asked for a pizza topped with mozzarella cheese in place of the specially prepared vegan dish. And that led to frustration taking hold.

The most positive aspect is that the posting produced a deluge of protest from meat eaters as well as vegans. The most negative is that much of the publicity emphasised the small number of death threats received which reflects badly on vegans.

The chef’s subsequent reported resignation is meaningless as she is co-owner of the business which has only two small restaurants. But I must admit to a modicum of sympathy for her. She was earning a living in a small way with a small business in rural Shropshire and now her little world is crashing about her ears.

“C'est la vie, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell." Chuck Berry.

Roger.

Reactions: Maurice
I'm afraid I have little sympathy for her. What she did was wrong but she certainly did not deserve to get death threats.

lol She was a bully and goy a taste of her own medicine!People always give death threats but never actually kill people they give threats to online.:skull:

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Oh I believe she lied anyway. She actually said "I spiked a vegan meal" that is quite different than "this idiot who ordered cheese thinks she's vegan"...her husband made up that as pathetic PR after the fact. Maybe one or two people were lacto-vegetarian...You still can't get "spiked a meal" out of that.

I dont care if she got death threats they were likely from seventeen year old militant vegans who just said it to troll her, there were no reports of actual stalkers or violent incidents.

I have zero sympathy for her.

1) She set out to smear ALL vegans with her comments

2) She threatened ALL customers - vegan or not - that she would mess with their food which is on the level of fast food workers; a chef should not be instilling this kind of distrust.

3) She offered no apology or details of what actually transpired. She only got upset because of the backlash.

4) She's a bully and a carnist snob who smugly presumed most people would be cool with her disrespecting or hurting vegans (for all we know the "spike" was spit or urine) who got her come-uppance. Well.

5) She didn't do this on say a facetime chat or email to a friend that got leaked... She brazenly posted on Facebook to a group of people.

She'll live. I was glad to see how many people stood up to her.

Reactions: animallover
All she cares about is her own ego, I hope she gets damaged, physically.

All she cares about is her own ego, I hope she gets damaged, physically.

This goes against the spirit of veganism, which is about compassion toward all living things, including humans. Veganism is about universal non-violence. Just because someone is a jerk doesn't mean they should suffer physical harm.

The outrage on the part of vegans and non-vegans alike is very encouraging and shows that most people have a sense of fairness and decency. Things are difficult enough for vegans without chefs lying about the contents of the food they serve us.

Reactions: Sam
Hi Sam,

I always try to inject a little humour into my posts but this one will be my greatest challenge yet.

I hope she gets damaged, physically.

You should look deep into your heart and ask if you really mean what you say. Fascist reactions to a relatively minor problem lead to fascist solutions to more serious problems and before you know it you are living in a fascist state. Furthermore your comment is verging on criminality. It could be interpreted as incitement to violence.

“Two wrongs do not make a right.” Traditional.

“Hate the sin. Love the sinner.” Traditional.

“Sometimes I despair of humanity.” Roger Jolly.

Roger.

Damaged physically? No,too much. Just hopes she suffers financially. Hugely so.

This goes against the spirit of veganism, which is about compassion toward all living things, including humans. Veganism is about universal non-violence. Just because someone is a jerk doesn't mean they should suffer physical harm.

The outrage on the part of vegans and non-vegans alike is very encouraging and shows that most people have a sense of fairness and decency. Things are difficult enough for vegans without chefs lying about the contents of the food they serve us.

Its good some vegans are being smart, I tip my hat to you guys! My natural instincts took over my intellect. What I want to do to people like her is perhaps not for the greater good of animals, although im not sure. I do know being hostile tends to create more hostility back., hurt her and she might hurt some animals as payback.

Peacefully name and shame her and it will ruin her buisness perhaps, and shes got no real cause of vengeance since she brought it on herself and people are not getting revenge but peacefully avoiding her since she is a bad person. Boundaries.