Animal Advocacy Service dog to be killed after beating

Bumping this thread because today is the day that Dutch's appeal will be heard. He's spent the last several months at an animal sanctuary. Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers/whatever. Fingers crossed that he gets to go home with his people today.

Reactions: Amy SF and Dedalus
Bumping this thread because today is the day that Dutch's appeal will be heard. He's spent the last several months at an animal sanctuary. Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers/whatever. Fingers crossed that he gets to go home with his people today.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Fingers crossed for the poor mite. :yes:

According to the Save Dutch fb page, jury selection took until lunch, so the trial will carry over to tomorrow.

A jury is going to decide if he lives?

A jury is going to decide whether or not he is guilty, or I guess in Dutch's case, vicious. And then a judge decides the sentence.

The trial before this one, he was ordered to be destroyed (what a nice, sanitary word) and his owner appealed. I don't know if that trial was by jury, but I don't think it was. I'm hoping that having a jury will give him a fighting chance.

A jury is going to decide whether or not he is guilty, or I guess in Dutch's case, vicious. And then a judge decides the sentence.

The trial before this one, he was ordered to be destroyed (what a nice, sanitary word) and his owner appealed. I don't know if that trial was by jury, but I don't think it was. I'm hoping that having a jury will give him a fighting chance.

Well at least it is a jury and not one person who is going to decide of his fate. Poor mite.

Yeah, judges are pretty black and white on things. A dog bites someone, so he has to die regardless of the circumstances. At least a jury will hopefully take everything into consideration. It's too bad they can't turn around and find the idiot woman guilty of animal abuse.

Dutch is found not guilty!!!! He gets to live a normal life with his people now!:starshower:

Dutch and his person, as posted today on the Save Dutch fb page.

1238970_511514562251237_2092521952_n.jpg

Dutch is found not guilty!!!! He gets to live a normal life with his people now!:starshower:

Dutch and his person, as posted today on the Save Dutch fb page.

1238970_511514562251237_2092521952_n.jpg

That is the most amazing news of the day. I'm relieved and delighted for the poor mite. It just proves that in this case the system worked and Dutch was given a fair chance thanks to the jury review.

I'm not on FB but I think that in this particular case, it would be worthwhile writing to the authorites to thank them for the way this case was handled.

Is the man in the photo his new owner ?
Tx for keeping us updated on this story. :)

So, online petitions really can make a difference. Such great news.

So, online petitions really can make a difference. Such great news.

Hopefully it does in some cases. It didn't work for the UK olympics for the farm animals even though they received over 1/2 m signatures !

Here is the letter that I received from Care :

Dear Care Member,

More than 200,000 people (including you!) took action on the petition to save Dutch the service dog from euthanasia. J. Drake chose Care2 to create a petition about this issue, and the results were phenomenal. Is there something you want to change in the world? Start a petition today!

On August 23, a jury found Dutch's owner Jeremy Aguilar not guilty , and Dutch was able to return home. This decision was a long time coming for Aguilar and his family, who have fought tooth and nail for Dutch's life.

Your voice truly made a difference. Thank you for taking action on Care2!

emilynews.jpg
Thanks for all you've done!

Emily L.
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team