Sealife subs?

Veggiemama

Forum Senior
Reaction score
I'm Pregnant again and I crave sealife SO bad! Anyone have any good recipes that may satisfy my craving?

The breaded shrimp was pretty good. I want to have the non breaded kind next. It is just kind of expensive.

That they are. I was lucky to find them on clearance at the local health food store for $1.99 each, so I figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if I didn't like them.

vegan sealife products? Why can't I buy them here??? :(

You can experiment with things like oyster mushrooms, nori, cauliflower, make tofu crumbed "fish", or make mock tuna.

The Asian stores around me often carry mock fish and king prawns and whatnot.

I really love the Sophies Kitchen stuff though.

As for making stuff at home, I don't know.

I was just having some Gardein fake chicken tenders and it crossed my mind a few times that they taste quite a bit more like fish sticks did than chicken tenders did.

Maybe buy something along those lines, season it how you would season fish, and pretend that's what it is?

My mother actually gave up being a vegetarian while she was pregnant with me because of her cravings, so it's something you should definitely try to solve! Good luck!

The Asian stores around me often carry mock fish and king prawns and whatnot.

I really love the Sophies Kitchen stuff though.

As for making stuff at home, I don't know.

I went to one huge one near me and asked about that and was looked at like I was asking for human toes.

Thanks, everyone. Oh, Im not worried about caving into my cravings. This is my second pregnancy and as good as fish fry or a lobster tail may sound during those intense cravings putting a piece of animals flesh in my month and chewing it up is just not something I could handle physically, emotionally or and especially spiritually!!

Thanks, everyone. Oh, Im not worried about caving into my cravings. This is my second pregnancy and as good as fish fry or a lobster tail may sound during those intense cravings putting a piece of animals flesh in my month and chewing it up is just not something I could handle physically, emotionally or and especially spiritually!!

I figured as much. :p

I went to one huge one near me and asked about that and was looked at like I was asking for human toes.
That sucks. :( I was very surprised to see stuff like that around my house because the part of the city I live in is not veg-friendly at all. But apparently people around here must buy it.