Rodney King dead at 47

“There has to be metaphor/allegory in Rodney King—who spent the years since his brutal beating at the hands and weaponry of the LAPD apologizing for white supremacy—being found dead at the bottom of a pool. Selah.” - Son of Baldwin

I feel for the guy. It has to be difficult, becoming a symbol, rather than just being left alone to live one's life.

more than that, i think he just succumbed to drug abuse which cares less about fame or infamy.

more than that, i think he just succumbed to drug abuse which cares less about fame or infamy.

Oh, I know - I gather he was an alcoholic already at the time of his beating - isn't that why he initially ran from the police - he'd been drinking, when he wasn't supposed to be, under the terms of his parole?

Alcohol/drugs would have probably done him in whether that, and its entire aftermath, had happened or not. But I think becoming a symbol is an uncomfortable way to have to live one's life. And he seemed to be a basically good hearted guy.

Oh, I know - I gather he was an alcoholic already at the time of his beating - isn't that why he initially ran from the police - he'd been drinking, when he wasn't supposed to be, under the terms of his parole?

Alcohol/drugs would have probably done him in whether that, and its entire aftermath, had happened or not. But I think becoming a symbol is an uncomfortable way to have to live one's life. And he seemed to be a basically good hearted guy.
nah.

kidding.

:( That's really sad. We just had the 20th anniversary of the LA Riots in April, and he seemed like he'd moved beyond the horror of the beating and the aftermath.

I feel for the guy. It has to be difficult, becoming a symbol, rather than just being left alone to live one's life.

Yeah very sad. I remember seeing him on one of Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab shows one day as I was channel surfing. He did seem like a good guy who had been through a lot in his life.:(

:( That's really sad. We just had the 20th anniversary of the LA Riots in April, and he seemed like he'd moved beyond the horror of the beating and the aftermath.

Seems like so long ago now...

Yeah very sad. I remember seeing him on one of Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab shows one day as I was channel surfing. He did seem like a good guy who had been through a lot in his life.:(

sorry to learn of this....hope he has finally found some peace.

peace