Robot dogs

Interesting subject.

I would suggest to read the book "Do Androids dream of Electronic Sheep" by Phillip K. Dick, that gained wide recognition when made into the movie "Blade Runner" about humanoid androids.

Unfortunately what did not make it to the movie were the parts of the book that are related to animals being nearly extinct (apart from incredibly expensive cloned pets) in the 21st century and cheap(er) electronic copies serving as status symbols for people who can not afford real pets (with everybody pretending to their neighbours that his electronic pet is a one of the very few real animals).

Reactions: Second Summer
I don't know.... the oil it peed on the lawn would probably kill the grass, and the piles of nuts and bolts it left around would be hell on the lawn mower. And I don't even want to think about potty accidents in the house or the damage from chewing.

Reactions: ledboots
I'd like to have my brains put inside a robot dog
But then it wouldn't be a robot dog, it would just be a cyborg dog, so you'd lose the robot panache.
What you need to do is imprint your personality and brain wave patterns onto the mechanical dog's brain and then destroy your current biological body (so there wouldn't be two of you - which could be socially embaressing).

Disclaimer: Unless it was Forty Two's brain, as from his post we know his brain is already mechanical - which actually makes him a cyborg who wants to be a robot.

- though a non traditional cyborg, as traditionally a cyborg would have a human brain and a mechanical body
---- unless he's a flesh coated Terminator sent from the future in which case an argument could be made that he is a traditional model, as there have been several incarnations of this form.
Forty Two - how do you feel when you hear the name John Connor?

Last edited:
But then it wouldn't be a robot dog, it would just be a cyborg dog, so you'd lose the robot panache.
What you need to do is imprint your personality and brain wave patterns onto the mechanical dog's brain and then destroy your current biological body (so there wouldn't be two of you - which could be socially embaressing).

Disclaimer: Unless it was Forty Two's brain, as from his post we know his brain is already mechanical - which actually makes him a cyborg who wants to be a robot.

- though a non traditional cyborg, as traditionally a cyborg would have a human brain and a mechanical body
---- unless he's a flesh coated Terminator sent from the future in which case an argument could be made that he is a traditional model, as there have been several incarnations of this form.
Forty Two - how do you feel when you hear the name John Connor?

*points arm at monitor, dozens of bullets shoot out*

Reactions: ledboots