TV & Film Robin Williams dead in possible suicide

' Physical illness is something the medical profession understands. It knows what to do when the human body malfunctions and what not to do. Mental illness, if illness is the right word, seems lost in some dark age. Otherwise healthy people with every reason to be happy are found wrestling with private demons. Therapists wander the scene like surgeons on a medieval battlefield, at a loss for what to do.'

Simon Jenkins in The Guardian

Last edited:
Outside the Wall by Pink Floyd

All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

Anyone like me , standing outside their own particular wall will be thinking of Robin Williams family and feeling their torment as they blame themselves for not banging hard enough or long enough on his wall.

I think that he had financial problems. That is something that often is seen in people who commit suicide.

I think that he had financial problems. That is something that often is seen in people who commit suicide.
was it due to his divorces?

I read he made the joke; "divorce is Latin for removing a man’s genitals through his wallet"

Yeah, he went through two apparently very expensive divorces. I read yesterday that he had to sell a ranch in Napa for quite a lot of money because he couldn't afford to own it anymore due to his divorces.

That's a powerfully written article there.

There is, I think, another reason (to the one described there) why some people become comedians though.

Some are hyper-intelligent and can see the insanity in just about everything that surrounds them with clarity.

Ripping the **** out of just about everything they see is the way they cope.

I'm wondering if Robin Williams was more one of those.
I have a friend who is very much like this, and I worry about him all the time. :(
R.I.P., Robin, you brought such joy to so many.
My favorite Robin Williams movie role is John Keating from Dead Poets Society. How I adored him in that film.