Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Last night we made risotto, for the very first time ever, and used the iPot.

Has anyone here made risotto and if yes have you used the iPot?

We made it a 3 mushroom, onion, garlic one and it was good, not perfect but good. Unfortunately my honey was doing the cooking so he put some oil in it, not much and I would rather he hadn't.

Served it with some steamed broccoli and the Gardein Turkey cutlets. It was a satisfying meal.

I think I have only ever eaten risotto one other time in my life so it is hard to know if it was as good as it could be.

Emma JC

Reactions: Sax
I don't know what an iPot is But I do love risotto. I tend to make a vegetable broth and then start baking risotto with some union and garlic. After a small while, when the risotto becomes more transparant, I start with slowly adding the vegetable broth. Let the risotto take up all the broth and than keep adding more and let the risotto absorb it all. At this point it's all about stirring and tasting if the risotto is done.
During the cooking you have to keep stirring because the sticky risotto has the tendancy to stick to the pan and even burn if not vigilant.
When done add some leaves of spinach, some mushrooms, you can grill some pumpkin (and put some salt on it) and throw in in there (or/and egg plant,...). Great dish !

thank you for your suggestion, Tomas

iPot stands for Instant Pot

the step that my spouse forgot to do involved the risotto sitting in the small amount of oil and turning transparent before adding the veggies stock etc

Emma JC