Rice Paper Bacon

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It looks like the newest trend is bacon made from rice paper. I was finally able to make some and it is delicious. The only problem I had was it tasted like charcoal if I let it cook until crispy. I had to remove it from the pan while it was soft but cooked. Some of the pieces hardened up after and some stayed soft, but they were all delicious on a BLT. :lick:

Here's the original recipe from the person who invented it. It's translated to English farther down the page.
Lækon-strimler (pande/frying pan) - Veganer.nu

The picture is from their website. Eventually I'll get around to transferring my pictures from the camera to the computer and post a picture of how mine came out.
IMG_5169.jpg

Reactions: KLS52
I haven't eaten bacon in 30+ years, but it tastes like what I imagine it used to taste like. My roommate is an omni and she thought it smelled just like bacon but didn't taste like it.

They look really good! I think j have rice paper...bought some for another recipe that I never made. What a surprise, lol. I should see if it's still good and then make some bacon with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made some the other day but got tired of cutting and cooking small strips, so I broke it into pieces instead and made what I called bacon chips. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I made some the other day but got tired of cutting and cooking small strips, so I broke it into pieces instead and made what I called bacon chips. :D
Haha...girl after my own heart. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Calliegirl