Rice Paper Bacon

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It looks like the newest trend is bacon made from rice paper. I was finally able to make some and it is delicious. The only problem I had was it tasted like charcoal if I let it cook until crispy. I had to remove it from the pan while it was soft but cooked. Some of the pieces hardened up after and some stayed soft, but they were all delicious on a BLT. :lick:

Here's the original recipe from the person who invented it. It's translated to English farther down the page.
Lækon-strimler (pande/frying pan) - Veganer.nu

The picture is from their website. Eventually I'll get around to transferring my pictures from the camera to the computer and post a picture of how mine came out.
IMG_5169.jpg

Reactions: KLS52

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I haven't eaten bacon in 30+ years, but it tastes like what I imagine it used to taste like. My roommate is an omni and she thought it smelled just like bacon but didn't taste like it.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
They look really good! I think j have rice paper...bought some for another recipe that I never made. What a surprise, lol. I should see if it's still good and then make some bacon with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I made some the other day but got tired of cutting and cooking small strips, so I broke it into pieces instead and made what I called bacon chips. :D

Reactions: KLS52

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I made some the other day but got tired of cutting and cooking small strips, so I broke it into pieces instead and made what I called bacon chips. :D
Haha...girl after my own heart. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Calliegirl