Review of forum structure

Some further changes I've made: The Lounge has been renamed The VIP Lounge (eh, maybe not the best name), and then there is a new The Lounge which is public. The VIP Lounge, Games (previously under High Culture) and Anonymous Chat are now all sub-forums to the new The Lounge.

Wait, I'm confused. Is the Lounge public? I'm really not fond of the chat being made public..along with some other threads there.

Wait, I'm confused. Is the Lounge public? I'm really not fond of the chat being made public..along with some other threads there.
The forum called The Lounge is public, but that's not the same The Lounge as we had before. That forum is now called The VIP Lounge, and remains members-only.

When I click on
veggieviewslogolarger.png
or "Home" I get:
It works!

This is the default web page for this server ...

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet. :)

Doesn't happen with Firefox (or Safari). Happens with Chrome.

Doesn't happen with Firefox (or Safari). Happens with Chrome.
Sounds like Chrome may have cashed that page for you or something. When you're on that page, you can force a cache refresh with ctrl-f5 and hopefully it will just work after that.

Sounds like Chrome may have cashed that page for you or something. When you're on that page, you can force a cache refresh with ctrl-f5 and hopefully it will just work after that.
That worked. Crisis averted. Thanks.

Also, the forum structure looks great.

Moved "New Vegetarians' Help Desk" so it's now a sub-forum to The Vegetarian Forum. 18+ discussion is now a sub-forum of The Lounge, and I deleted the unused anon forum inside 18+ discussion. I think that was all I did in this round, but I'm still considering more changes.

Due to steep competition on the google ranking, I felt compelled to do some further re-organising today.

This is probably somewhat unpopular, but I've moved the entire Community section which include The Lounge etc. to the bottom of forum list. The reasons is that it might be beneficial for us to have the Lifestyle section (with The Vegetarian Forum and The Vegan Forum etc) at the top. And once I've done that, it just makes sense that the next section is the Animals section. And then the next section just has to be Health & Body. The Community section could well come after that, but I though it would actually be easier to find at the very bottom than somewhere in the middle.

If it turns out this didn't help our ranking, then I might move the Community section back.

Additionally, I'm making a couple of smaller changes as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This totally threw me off and ignited a quick short panic when I first logged in. For a second there I thought you got rid of the Community section without telling anyone and with no way of since I didn't see the Announcements section.

I don't like The Lounge being at the bottom of the page, but I'll get over it. It does make more sense to have the other sections be at the top.

This totally threw me off and ignited a quick short panic when I first logged in. For a second there I thought you got rid of the Community section without telling anyone and with no way of since I didn't see the Announcements section..

haha youre not alone there.

I can completely understand why the actually relevant bit would be at the top. My one comment would be we may get a lot of newbies making their own intro threads as they are doing it in the first forum they see (rather than scrolling right to the bottom). On another forum I'm on there's just an introduction sticky and sooo many people miss it and make their own thread. As long as the mods are happy to keep moving them then it's not a problem haha.

Reactions: thefadedone
I think the "Stupid Things Omnis Say" thread should maybe be in the VIP Lounge.

Reactions: Muggle