Requested software

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This thread to request additional software for the site!

I've been thinking it would be cool to have an arcade. It seems something like that does exist for Xenforo, so I'm excited to give it a try.

I have other ideas too, but not sure how useful they are until we get some more members: A wiki, a CMS of some sort, maybe a photo album?

Not sure if I missed it, or if it's relevant here, but do you have Tapatalk support? :)

I wouldn't mind more smilies. I like the ones that are here, though.

Noted! Feel free to suggest some tho. I was looking at some the other day, but wasn't completely thrilled.
Tags to embed songs from Soundcloud and Bandcamp would be useful for the music threads. I tried [sc] and [soundcloud] for a Soundcloud object I know is embeddable and it didn't work. Thanks! :)
Also noted. I have no idea how to do it, but will see what I can do!

Reactions: ledboots
Thanks. :) There are definitely plugins for vBulletin powered boards to do it as I've seen them on other forums. The HTML they need to generate from an input URL is pretty simple.
I've seen a demo of our board software (Xenforo) doing this for basically any streaming video (youtube and all its competitors), so presumably I can use the same feature to do this. (The sites you mentioned are for streaming audio, right?)

Hey beanstew, could you post a couple of links to streams on those sites that should definitely be embeddable from external sites?

I've started working on Soundcloud. If you use the Media button to insert the link, it will attempt to embed it, but I don't think it works quite yet. I'm sure I can make it work though.

Hey beanstew, could you post a couple of links to streams on those sites that should definitely be embeddable from external sites?

I've started working on Soundcloud. If you use the Media button to insert the link, it will attempt to embed it, but I don't think it works quite yet. I'm sure I can make it work though.

This URL works with [sc] tags on another forum but if I try it with the media button it says it can not be embedded:

http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/36484852

The generated HTML ended up like this on the other forum:

standalone

Posted as screencap image as HTML cut and pasted got mangled even in [ code] tags.