Reindeer grand prix

TofuRobot

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I tuned into my local public radio today as I do not have any plans for the holiday (which is actually quite fine with me), just in time to hear a segment of this documentary:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04kj4d9

There are a lot of things that tend to get me down over the holidays not the least of which is the utter disdain for fellow animals who deserve to live their lives in peace. I had never heard of this event, yet its existence doesn't surprise me. It does have me shaking my head at the sheer lack of humanity and compassion in this world. After this race, where the reindeer are used as the motor for this event where the humans are celebrated as the winners, they follow it up with reindeer meat for Xmas dinner, laughing and smiling all the way. I find the entire thing so incredibly sad. What a sick world we live in where people celebrate the one holiday of the year that is supposed to be about peace and harmony with abuse and death of animals who never have the chance to know what those concepts mean.

:broken_heart:

That treatment of raindeer sounds horrible. I didn't read the article, but from what you said... It's completely horrible. I am glad you submitted your thoughts to the BBC.