Rat/mouse problem

I agree with Tofurobot's comment. Rodents, like Rats, mice normally look to live in a dark place where there is no noise. It becomes difficult to find out rats place of residence, as they migrate everywhere in the house. You can look into your storeroom for Rat droppings and their fur. To permanently exterminate rodents one should take help from Professionals like rodent exterminator NYC, or can visit their official site.

You can look into your storeroom for Rat droppings and their fur
I had them (an entire family of them) INSIDE my WALLS and in the space between the 2 floors in my house. They were impervious to noise. It took me a couple of months to get them out. People worry about the droppings, but forget about the urine. The urine gets into the everything and future families are attracted to it. (Plus, GROSS. I love animals as much as the next person, but you do not want the materials in your home soaked with their urine.)

They sell humane traps on the PETA website.
I tried those - ALL kinds - for a month. These rats were smart. I even tried the electronic sound gadget. I couldn't hear it but it hurt my son's ears. Did absolutely nothing to drive away the rats (I had to use it when my son wasn't at home).

That said - true story - I once caught a mouse using the paper towel tube trick (only to discover the next day there wasn't just one, lol......) ):

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I sometimes get the odd rat in my garage. I have a live trap out there, which seems to be quite effective. For some reason they love chewing on my motorcycle plug wires. Luckily I've never had any rodents in my house.

I catch about 2-4 a year. I go out there every day, so they won't suffer without water, and I relocate them, promptly. The trap is made by "Have a Heart", but I've seen other ones similar. I use a little bit of peanut butter and cashew nuts, which lasts for a long time, and it works.

I kinda like rats. I know they're a bad pest for many people, but I sort of admire their tenacity and resilience. They're incredibly intelligent too.

I sometimes get the odd rat in my garage. I have a live trap out there, which seems to be quite effective. For some reason they love chewing on my motorcycle plug wires. Luckily I've never had any rodents in my house.

I catch about 2-4 a year. I go out there every day, so they won't suffer without water, and I relocate them, promptly. The trap is made by "Have a Heart", but I've seen other ones similar. I use a little bit of peanut butter and cashew nuts, which lasts for a long time, and it works.

I kinda like rats. I know they're a bad pest for many people, but I sort of admire their tenacity and resilience. They're incredibly intelligent too.

I have no issues with rats! I like them too --- They would be cute in the garage ;) ....they are not at all fun to have inside the walls of your home :(

The good news is, that I ended up finding how they were getting and and it's sealed off for good. I've had no more rodents come to live in my walls since (it's been a couple of years now). :)

The good news is, that I ended up finding how they were getting and and it's sealed off for good. I've had no more rodents come to live in my walls since (it's been a couple of years now).

Glad to hear that. I lived in a place when I was in my early 20's that was infested with rats. Same thing...they'd scratch and fight between the walls. It was creepy when you're trying to sleep.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Glad to hear that. I lived in a place when I was in my early 20's that was infested with rats. Same thing...they'd scratch and fight between the walls. It was creepy when you're trying to sleep.

I had rats AND bats when I was working at the campground over the summer. I loved the bats, but the rats always hid except for the creepy late night scratching and they only got into one food item my entire two and half months there.

There are so many ways in which you can get away with rats at your place. Rats are intelligent and unlike other pests they can sense danger. So, using racks and other DIY methods might not help. It can be difficult to get control over rats if you do not take help from professionals. A Rodent Control CT exterminator will help you to get control of rat at your place. They know where these animals live and will attack those places with great care. They are experienced and will try their best to solve your problem.

There are so many ways in which you can get away with rats at your place. Rats are intelligent and unlike other pests they can sense danger. So, using racks and other DIY methods might not help. It can be difficult to get control over rats if you do not take help from professionals. A Rodent Control CT exterminator will help you to get control of rat at your place. They know where these animals live and will attack those places with great care. They are experienced and will try their best to solve your problem.
Hi ?,
Please do not kill rodents or any other sentient beings unnecessarily. It is not vegan, kind or compassionate to do so. Instead, use repellents, store food away properly and block up any rodent-sized entrances to the home/building.
Thank you ?.

Reactions: poivron