Product ingredients

Maryloublue

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Vegan for three weeks. We are looking at items in the supermarket and although some IE Bournville dark chocolate says vegetarian the list doesn’t include milk but states it’s produced on a site that has products made with milk. Would you class it as vegan still? I doubt it would be contaminated with the other products that have milk as part of the ingredients. Would appreciate input

I think the consensus opinion here is that the warning that the product is produced at a site that also produces milk products is just for liability. Although that is sort of crazy. Oh, I can see that being important with nuts. Even small amounts of nuts can trigger an allergic reaction.

But I don't worry about those warning labels.

I don't know anything about Bournville but try to buy chocolate that has been ethically sourced and has a Fair Trade label. West African chocolate is infamous for using child labor in the processing plant and not paying the harvesters a living wage.

I mostly buy Endangered Species chocolate. I wouldn't buy any at all but they put the Endangered Species right next to the cash register and the guys call out to me.

Reactions: Emma JC
Vegan for three weeks. We are looking at items in the supermarket and although some IE Bournville dark chocolate says vegetarian the list doesn’t include milk but states it’s produced on a site that has products made with milk. Would you class it as vegan still? I doubt it would be contaminated with the other products that have milk as part of the ingredients. Would appreciate input

I found this article from March so they look like they are producing a vegan version of their chocolate, maybe you can find this specific product.

https://www.livekindly.com/cadbury-vegan-bournville-buttons/

Welcome to the forum!!

Emma JC

Thanks I’ve bought the bourneville buttons but it looks to be the same !! Thanks I’m sure I will enjoy the forum

I think the consensus opinion here is that the warning that the product is produced at a site that also produces milk products is just for liability. Although that is sort of crazy. Oh, I can see that being important with nuts. Even small amounts of nuts can trigger an allergic reaction.

But I don't worry about those warning labels.

I don't know anything about Bournville but try to buy chocolate that has been ethically sourced and has a Fair Trade label. West African chocolate is infamous for using child labor in the processing plant and not paying the harvesters a living wage.

I mostly buy Endangered Species chocolate. I wouldn't buy any at all but they put the Endangered Species right next to the cash register and the guys call out to me.
Thank you I will look when I next go to a store near to me that sells organic fruit and veg Pulses beauty and household products that are vegan friendly