Printer ink

Dreaming

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I want to top up my printer but recently read printer ink isn’t vegan. I am also wanting to avoid animal testing companies. Does anyone know which brands are ethical, vegan and cruelty free?

Printer ink doesn't contain animal products.

Here is an article about the chemistry inkjet cartridge ink: Ink chemistry . Inkjet cartridge ink can contain eosin (a synthetic red dye): Eosin Y - Wikipedia , triphenylmethane (a synthetic blue dye): Triphenylmethane - Wikipedia , inorganic pigments, and carbon black (made from petroleum): Carbon black - Wikipedia .

Could you please post a link to the article which claims that printer ink isn't vegan? They need to be notified about their misinformation.

Printer ink doesn't contain animal products.

Here is an article about the chemistry inkjet cartridge ink: Ink chemistry . Inkjet cartridge ink can contain eosin (a synthetic red dye): Eosin Y - Wikipedia , triphenylmethane (a synthetic blue dye): Triphenylmethane - Wikipedia , inorganic pigments, and carbon black (made from petroleum): Carbon black - Wikipedia .

Could you please post a link to the article which claims that printer ink isn't vegan? They need to be notified about their misinformation.
Modern mass-market inks are generally petroleum oil based. They can also contain glycerin from animal fat, bone chars, gelatine from hooves, and beetle shellac (crushed beetles) to give it colour.