Preparing for a vegan pregnancy years in advance?

NaturalGirl02

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I'm recently married and we will be relocating to another state. I'm vegan and my and I are planning on starting a family in the next couple of years. We both want kids now but know that we're not ready. We also want to have time to just be us and start building a strong marriage. At the same time I am someone that likes to be prepared. We've already discussed starting a kind of baby fund for the future to make sure we're prepared financially. But I'm not really sure what I need to do to have a healthy vegan pregnancy. I know I need to fix a few things in my diet and be a little more active but other than that I'm kind of drawing a blank. How can I make sure I'm healthy enough to go through with a vegan pregnancy? Is there certain foods I should be eating now? Is there a certain doctor I could see to kind of discuss these things with? What do I need to know about vegan pregnancies and how can I learn more? I'm a total nerd and I love doing my research so if anyone can please give me any information or maybe recommend books. I really just want to be prepared. Thank you :)

I'm recently married and we will be relocating to another state. I'm vegan and my and I are planning on starting a family in the next couple of years. We both want kids now but know that we're not ready. We also want to have time to just be us and start building a strong marriage. At the same time I am someone that likes to be prepared. We've already discussed starting a kind of baby fund for the future to make sure we're prepared financially. But I'm not really sure what I need to do to have a healthy vegan pregnancy. I know I need to fix a few things in my diet and be a little more active but other than that I'm kind of drawing a blank. How can I make sure I'm healthy enough to go through with a vegan pregnancy? Is there certain foods I should be eating now? Is there a certain doctor I could see to kind of discuss these things with? What do I need to know about vegan pregnancies and how can I learn more? I'm a total nerd and I love doing my research so if anyone can please give me any information or maybe recommend books. I really just want to be prepared. Thank you :)
I don't know that much about it but I know that your first stop should be the library or bookstore. Sure there is a lot to be gained from talking to people on this forum. but like everything else on the internet, the reliability of the info is hit or miss. Even books can't be trusted 100% but they are still the best place to start.

Anyway, here is maybe your first stop on this journey. Good luck.

I don't know that much about it but I know that your first stop should be the library or bookstore. Sure there is a lot to be gained from talking to people on this forum. but like everything else on the internet, the reliability of the info is hit or miss. Even books can't be trusted 100% but they are still the best place to start.

Anyway, here is maybe your first stop on this journey. Good luck.

Thank you so much! :)

• Love
Reactions: Lou
Congrats on getting married! I don't know anything about pregnancy but I would think if you're at a healthy weight, doing regular light cardio and eating a varied diet of primarily whole foods you're going to be starting from a good baseline. Then find a doctor and dietician that aren't stuck in an omni-diet comfort zone so you have experts giving you individualized advice.

Reactions: Lou
PDF Drive is a good resource for free books if you are financially challenged. I did a quick search for vegan pregnancy. I don't think all the books here cover both vegan and pregnancy so read the descriptions.

PDF Drive Vegan Pregnancy

Some of the countries that eat the least meat like India and Cambodia and Ethiopia also have high birth rates.

They have vitamins specifically for pregnant vegans.

Some of the countries that eat the least meat like India and Cambodia and Ethiopia also have high birth rates.
Not sure what that has to do with it. Oh, maybe you mean low infant mortality rates. But I think infant mortality is a pretty low bar to set. We don't just want a baby to be alive at birth but a happy healthy baby. 👶

Congratulations on your marriage...

My first instincts are make sure you begin to drink a solay or sole throughout your pregnancy...it's a mixture of Sea salt brine and spring water...they say that we all came from the ocean and that the embryonic sac that the baby lives in while your pregnant mimics the ocean...there is information on the internet about how to make a sole water solution and a drink from it...there's also a good book on sole and it's benefits (with specific treatments for ailments in the book)...the book is called " water and salt, the essence of life" by Dr. Barbara Hendel and Peter Ferreira...you drink this solution once a day in the early morning.

My next advice is to tell you not to take vitamins that come in pill form...everything in pill form is dead and not naturally occurring...you want to get your vitamins from food! Preferrably from salads without dressing, oils, or vinegars...thus seems to be the only way I've noticed improvements with my body...This is my personal opinion...but I'm a purist! The only vitamin that you'll need is methylcobalamin or b12 in it's Bio-Available form.

Supplementing gently with vitamins C and Iron seem to really help...when I say supplementing gently...I mean vitamin C shouldn't be strong in it's acidity...look for fruits that are gentle in acidity in order to be effective...iron can be supplemented with an herb called stinging Nettle and its also good for pregnancy...there are stinging Nettle glycerite that don't use alcohol as to remove the healing properties of the herb, but instead they use glycerin...you can find stinging Nettle glycerite on Etsy...

That's all I can think of for now...hope this was helpful...