UK Pregnancy vitamins

HallieHufflepuff

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello,

I'm pregnant and I've been taking Pregnacare Max tablets to try to give my baby the best chance.

I've just found out that these tablets are not vegan as they contain Omega 3 fish oil. I'm disgusted and I don't know what to do now.

I'm vegan so don't want to eat fish but also want my baby to grow properly and to survive.

Can someone please give me some advice?

Thanks
Hallie.

There seem to be quite a few vegan brands that do supplements for pregnant woman. There is also a UK brand that sell
vegan omega 3.

1657711689861.png

Reactions: David3
Hello,

I'm pregnant and I've been taking Pregnacare Max tablets to try to give my baby the best chance.

I've just found out that these tablets are not vegan as they contain Omega 3 fish oil. I'm disgusted and I don't know what to do now.

I'm vegan so don't want to eat fish but also want my baby to grow properly and to survive.

Thanks
Hallie.
Deva makes vegan a prenatal vitamin/mineral supplement, though it doesn't include Omega 3's: Amazon.com: Deva Vegan Vitamins Prenatal Multivitamins, 90 Coated Tabs Bottle : Health & Household

As others have already posted, there are several vegan Omega 3 supplements available.

Also, your obstetrician can refer you to a Registered Dietitian, who can provide good guidance on nutrition/supplements.

Hello,

Thanks
Hallie.
I was under the impression prenatals contained algae DHA to avoid the mercury contamination of fish oil

This list is for the UK: