Pots and Pans

There are so many credible resources out there to help you know what to look at when thinking of pots and pans. I use calphalon hard anodized pots and pans, and have been very pleased. They include a little booklet with hints on cooking, seasoning the pans, etc. I had been using stainless, but only use the saucepans of that now. As far as sticky things like eggs, I have always used my trusty old, and I do mean old, cast iron griddle. I have found Cooksmark to be a handy resource when deciding what to look at.

I luckily found two vintage Revere Ware, made in USA, frying pans at the thrift store for I think 4 and 6 dollars each. The smaller one has a lid. I'd love to start using cast iron but have heard the newer ones are not as good. Not sure if this is true and are they hard to season? Does anyone know of ones still made in the USA or I could google search.

I need a smaller sauce pan and have looked into All Clad. $$$$$ I'm also interested in looking at Le Creuset. Are they good for non stick? I'd like to ditch the non stick pans really.

I luckily found two vintage Revere Ware, made in USA, frying pans at the thrift store for I think 4 and 6 dollars each. The smaller one has a lid. I'd love to start using cast iron but have heard the newer ones are not as good. Not sure if this is true and are they hard to season? Does anyone know of ones still made in the USA or I could google search.

I need a smaller sauce pan and have looked into All Clad. $$$$$ I'm also interested in looking at Le Creuset. Are they good for non stick? I'd like to ditch the non stick pans really.
I bought a Lodge cast iron skillet for myself years back, and another for my son a year ago. They're both fine and stay seasoned just fine. I have heard the vintage cast irons were sand blasted (or something like that) to be a glass smooth finish, but I can't say I ever noticed any pits or roughness. They are still made in Tennessee.
Just checked Target and Walmart and they both have 12 inch for under $18. I use mine for everything. Never needs to see the sink, things burn off and I wipe with an oiled paper towel after scraping with used foil while still hot.