Post your nature photos

They haven't been at all, at least not here. I saw one in the field at my job a few weeks ago, too. The main worry about the one in my yard is that a few of my neighbors have cats and dogs...the cats are indoor/outdoor and are often roaming around. The dogs are small and have an electric fence so they are outside unattended.

My one neighbor right next door was in her yard walking Buddy on a leash...that is what the coyote was looking at in the picture. I can't imagine he would have done anything. They are quite fearful of humans. When I opened my door to warn her, the coyote took off. I also called the neighbor with the small dogs right away, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't been at all, at least not here. I saw one in the field at my job a few weeks ago, too. The main worry about the one in my yard is that a few of my neighbors have cats and dogs...the cats are indoor/outdoor and are often roaming around. The dogs are small and have an electric fence so they are outside unattended.

My one neighbor right next door was in her yard walking Buddy on a leash...that is what the coyote was looking at in the picture. I can't imagine he would have done anything. They are quite fearful of humans. When I opened my door to warn her, the coyote took off. I also called the neighbor with the small dogs right away, too.

My cousin's dog got taken by a coyote that was in her back garden. She lives in California and they just roam around and don't seem frightened of people.

My cousin's dog got taken by a coyote that was in her back garden. She lives in California and they just roam around and don't seem frightened of people.
That's awful. [emoji20]

Cicada nymph?
ba3685364d9daf4b8a0f615d4cae2635.jpg

I think so. Did you take it some time ago? I don't think they're moulting into adults right now- they're busy mating- actually I think they're even pretty much done with that, but I might be wrong.

One of my goals is to go to an area when and where a brood of 13- or 17-year cicadas are all coming out. The song can be almost deafening.

EDITED TO ADD: actually, that might just be the cicada's shed exoskeleton from after their molt.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I took the picture on Saturday. I saw another one about a month ago in a different spot. It does look like an empty shell.