Post some quick/easy veg*n recipes!

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
I have made Spang's Great Northern Beans Surprise dish twice now and everyone here loved it. I added steamed broccoli as a side and some biscuits. But now I'm kind of stuck in a rut. I do like cooking but I've never been really sure of my skill with it. So I need some inspiration and quick/easy recipes, and thought a thread about this might help other people out too.

You come home from a long day and don't want to slave away in the kitchen - what are your go-to recipes to make?

(I still need a slow cooker, too. I've been wanting one of those for a long while now.)

Split pea curry soup.

Dice one large onion
Couple of tablespoons minced garlic
12 oz dried split peas (approx heaping 1 1/2 cup)
1 TBS curry powder (I like spicy)
5 cups veggie broth (I just use water and bullion)

Saute onions/garlic in a little bit of water till soft, add everything else, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till peas are soft (45min to 1hr). Stick blend till smooth (if no stick blender you can probably mash or transfer to regular blender/food processor).

Pasta with Tomato Sauce

Boil a pound of pasta.
Meanwhile, saute a diced onion in olive oil until soft—wait until it's a bit browned if you're patient, but I'm usually not.
Add in minced/crushed garlic and saute for a bit.
Add in sliced mushrooms and cover. Cook until they've released their liquid and are nice and soft.
Add in dried herbs of your liking (I use oregano and basil). Or add fresh herbs later. Or both!
Add a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes. Simmer for as long as you'd like.
Salt and pepper to taste.

You can also use pretty much whichever veggies you want. Just add them whenever makes sense in terms of how long they need to cook. Or top the pasta/sauce with some steamed veggies. Sometimes I throw in a bit of balsamic vinegar with the tomatoes or deglaze the pan with some wine for a extra depth of flavor. Or I'll saute the veggies in earth balance rather than olive oil.

Reactions: sallyomally
I've discovered you can simply toss pasta with a bit of olive oil, or EB, toss with cheddar Daiya, and microwave for a good mac and cheze!
Add some herbs, and veggies.

Tostadas are the favorite quick and easy meal at our house. We eat them at least twice a week.

Top crunchy corn tortillas with:
refired,pinto, or black beans
shredded lettuce
choppped tomato
diced avocado
chopped cilantro if you like
diced jalapenos if you like
vegan cheese and sour cream if you like
salsa

Tostadas are inexpensive,quick and easy and very versatile. There's no end to the variations you can come up with. We sometimes make them with all sorts or chopped veggies and top with vegan cheese.Then I place them under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese and top with salsa.

Very very fast bean burger recipe:
1 can refried beans
1 and one half cups finely ground low sodium tortilla or corn chips (grind them in the food processor or blender)
about 1 TBS dried taco seasoning if you like

In a large bowl, mix beans and ground chips well, shape into patties, bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about ten minutes, turn,bake another five minutes.

Good and fast burger! Any leftover patties can be warmed and crumbled to be used for taco filling.

Tostadas are the favorite quick and easy meal at our house. We eat them at least twice a week.

Top crunchy corn tortillas with:
refired,pinto, or black beans
shredded lettuce
choppped tomato
diced avocado
chopped cilantro if you like
diced jalapenos if you like
vegan cheese and sour cream if you like
salsa

I do this with lentils. :)

Beans on toast

Heat a tin of Baked Beans and serve on toast.

In all seriousness this is a really quick ,healthy and cheap vegan meal.