US Post-Election Blues

Mischief

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm feeling decidedly non-optimistic about what's going to happen after the election.

If Trump wins - well, I'd rather not even contemplate that.

If Hillary wins, these are the things that concern me:

1. Congress will continue to be intransigent. It will continue to be practically impossible to get anything done.

2. We'll be living with millions of people who have been told that the election is rigged, and who are more than eager to continue to believe the wildest of conspiracy theories.

3. The lowest forms of behavior and speech have been legitimized by the "leadership" of Donald Trump.

I don't know whether it's possible to recover from this.

2. We'll be living with millions of people who have been told that the election is rigged, and who are more than eager to continue to believe the wildest of conspiracy theories.

3. The lowest forms of behavior and speech have been legitimized by the "leadership" of Donald Trump.
Yes, it's a bit less troubling when this kind of speech is confined to dark corners of the Internet, but when it seeps into the mainstream, as in the case with Trump, I fear that society is on track towards fascism. Political discourse has been going downhill for many year already, though.

If Hillary wins, these are the things that concern me:

1. Congress will continue to be intransigent. It will continue to be practically impossible to get anything done.

All of that pales in comparison to what will happen to marginalized people throughout the world under President Clinton's imperialist foreign policy.