Post a pic! Wax nostalgic!

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Let's have fun reminiscing! :) Share photos & memories of youth, of innocence, & of happier times....

So, I was thinking about Jer's birthday, then of birthday cards, and that sparked memories of when my grandmother would send me a different "coin card" for every holiday. My god, I thought I was rich! LOL :p

I can't find the kind she used to send me, but these are pretty damn close....

1d880da24dd0d32f2e21f2545a479f7e.jpg c65e400aa077d74321a0f4c3ffab0544.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
Ha, I remember when I was a kid and my grandmother was visiting, then when she was about to leave, my sister and I would try to find a way to say "goodbye" to her without our parents present, because we knew from experience that my grandmother alway had about a dollar (in our currency, of course) ready in her purse to hand to each of us at goodbye, but, if my parents were present, they would immediately insist that such is not "necessary" and prevent the hand-over.

Reactions: KLS52
I cannot, for the life of me, find an image of the Big Wheel I had as a kid. It wasn't a prissy, girly one either... mine was orange & black & had a siren! :D But any combination of words that I search hasn't unearthed a photo. :pout:

BigUS600w.jpg

I don't know why I can't find any pics of the one I used to have.... :???: I remember tearing around the block on that thing, though, getting to a corner & yanking on the break to do a spin-out... LOL :D And for some reason, when it (or any cycle) was turned upside-down & you "pedaled" with your hand, it magically became an ice cream machine. :weird: LMAO

In honor of Shakepeare's birthday, I was perusing some photos taken of a dress-rehearsal the first time I directed The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged).... it's a three-man, 90-minute, very prop-heavy, extremely fast-paced comedy.

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) - Wikipedia

So here's Dave, Marty, & Evan rehearsing at Bay City Players back in 2009....

CompleteWorks 061.jpg CompleteWorks 021.jpg CompleteWorks 083.jpg CompleteWorks 086.jpg CompleteWorks 034.jpg CompleteWorks 033.jpg CompleteWorks 010.jpg CompleteWorks 041.jpg CompleteWorks 011.jpg

A couple of the funniest bits (not shown) are the Titus Andronicus cooking show (à la Julia Child) and Hamlet's play-within-a-play done with sock puppets. I didn't take the above photos, so I'll see if I can find some of the others.... I know a few were on my old phone from the second production I directed (at The Whistling Idiots Comedy Dinner Theatre), so those are gone forever if I didn't upload them to this computer....