Post a Chart/Graph/Map/Infographic/Etc.

We have no paid holidays (as in days off with pay) but there are holidays the store is closed so no one works (no pay) and we get personal time off that accrues. I think I get four weeks per year.

So you get time off without pay?

In what states?

Having to work on holidays isn't unique to the US, BTW, it exists in the UK, too.

I live in Kansas. People here are routinely required to work on federal holidays, without extra pay or comp time. I'm lucky that I do get a few holidays off, with pay.

My post was only pointing out that not all workers get holidays off, where Amy's comment made it seem like they do.

I live in Kansas. People here are routinely required to work on federal holidays, without extra pay or comp time. I'm lucky that I do get a few holidays off, with pay.

My post was only pointing out that not all workers get holidays off, where Amy's comment made it seem like they do.

It's all good. I was just curious.

When I lived in resort area, holidays and weekends were mandatory. Those were the busiest days for most businesses and we were warned, we would be terminated if we didn't work.

what about that 4 weeks?

We are certainly permitted to use our personal days for days the store is closed and we lose work, but the chart differentiates between paid holidays and vacation time, and so do I! :mad:

Those days used to be paid holidays, but then the Admin's did this fun thing where they made them unpaid holidays, but added extra vacation days that we accrued, but also joined vacation days and sick days together and dropped the number of days of PTO, the new kind of days, they we accrued by a couple weeks a year. It was... Confusing. :shrug:

tumblr_lplct917Uq1qgos99o1_500.jpg