News Politician at 18

Though it goes against the standard narrative, advanced age doesn't always correlate with advanced wisdom.

If the voters feel that's who beat represents their interests, so be it.

I don't agree with most of her stances, but that's a different debate.

Last edited:
I agree, age does not automatically mean wisdom as shown by most of the past and present politicians.

Reading the comments to that article leads me to believe that maturity has little to do with one's age.

You should have to work your way up. A person should need experience to be making major decisions. Politician at 30. Work your way up to becoming President by 40 if you're lucky.

You should have to work your way up. A person should need experience to be making major decisions. Politician at 30. Work your way up to becoming President by 40 if you're lucky.
Maybe it would be refreshing. An 18 year old doesn't have much baggage, doesn't owe any political favors...
An 18-year-old could have been part of the youth organisation associated with one of the political parties, so despite being young, they may still have experience from the political process, and may even have "baggage".

I think politicians should have to live on the street.....it would give them an important perspective.

I'd like to see them being forced to live on whatever minimum wage is in their state.

The article said:
There, she'll join her father and campaign manager, Craig, who is a state senator.

Ouch.
Maybe not so much a "fresh, young face", but the attempt to create another political dynasty...

Wikipedia said:
Blair describes herself as "very conservative"[4] and identifies as fiscally conservative,[14] "pro-marriage" and "pro-family".[14] She opposes the morning-after pill[14] and opposes abortion under any circumstances, even in the cases of rape and incest.[18][19] She supports voter ID laws,[8] requiring welfare recipients to be drug tested,[20] term limits[9] and making West Virginia a "right to work" state.[8]

Double Ouch.