Music Podcast

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Do you listen to any Podcast, and have you anyone to recomend? Not just vegan related, but also other type of shows.

I'm following:
- Serial
- Criminal
- Rich Roll (vegan ultrarunner, this is my favorite)
- No Meat Athlete
- Food for Thoughts

Am still mourning the demise of the Vegan Freaks podcast.

Other than that, I used to listen to Gary Francione's Abolitionist Approach podcast (but have not for some time, do not know if he is still airing new episodes)

Best regards,
Andy

I know this thread is a few months old, but I was considering starting my own and found a podcast thread already existed.

I've been listening to podcasts for a few years now, but mostly just foreign language ones. My favorites are BBCRussian's "BBSeva" and "News in Slow Spanish." (There is also News in Slow Spanish-Latino, and News in Slow French.) This has been a great way to keep my foreign languages fresh now that I'm out of school. I love to just turn it on and clean the apartment.

I also just subscribed to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's podcast but I have yet to listen to it. I'll try out some of the suggestions above, especially the vegan athlete ones.

I listen to all of the LSE's Podcasts (warning, most of these are drier than ancient cat vaginas, so you have to devote your ENTIRE focus to them), the most recent one I enjoyed was "Crowd Sourcing, Surveillance, and the Era of the Synopticon."

- 99% Invisible. Most of the time Roman Mars bothers the hell out of me but every now and then one of the episodes is just smashing - like the most recent one about Calendars.

- Monocle: The Urbanist. Monocle has a metric ton of free content, and so you have to pick and choose. The Urbanist always has really great themes (the one about Water was amazing) and interesting people to talk about them. I also watch all of the Monocle Films, even if it's bull about watches or chocolate shops in Tokyo or French Beret makers.

- Rachel & Miles Xplain the X-Men: Kind of too exuberant but the only comics/geek related podcast I listen to.

Aside from that I listen to a lot of The Economist audio edition and audio books about various plagues and wars. My music listening is basically confined to records occasionally :(

Do you listen to any Podcast, and have you anyone to recomend? Not just vegan related, but also other type of shows.

I'm following:
- Serial
- Criminal
- Rich Roll (vegan ultrarunner, this is my favorite)
- No Meat Athlete
- Food for Thoughts

After your suggestion, I've been listening to Rich Roll! I love it, and I love that they are over an hour long and how in-depth he goes with his guests.

After your suggestion, I've been listening to Rich Roll! I love it, and I love that they are over an hour long and how in-depth he goes with his guests.

happy you liked it! I really love then, and so many interesting topics he talk about too.

I guess you have heard about the app for iPhone with all the episodes?

My newest Podcast I'm hooked on, is Sword and Scale.

It's not for people who are sensible, as it's quite grapic and has a lot of contents that aren't suitable for everyone. But if you like true crime, and want to learn a bit more about what makes monsters tick, I recomend it.

My newest Podcast I'm hooked on, is Sword and Scale.

It's not for people who are sensible, as it's quite grapic and has a lot of contents that aren't suitable for everyone. But if you like true crime, and want to learn a bit more about what makes monsters tick, I recomend it.

I haven't listened to either this or that, but if you like that, you'd probably like the new podcast Stranglers, which is focusing on the story of the Boston Strangler.

Reactions: Mikkel
I haven't listened to either this or that, but if you like that, you'd probably like the new podcast Stranglers, which is focusing on the story of the Boston Strangler.

Thank you. I'll check it out!