Please tell me what you think - Probiotic Vegan Do-It-Yourself Yogurt Product

Rusty

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm launching a new product that is not available anywhere. Please tell me if you think it is a good idea. It is a mix that you add water and your favorite sugar/sweetener to and the next day have a plant-powered (soy and other protein based), probiotic, and 100% Vegan yogurt-like product. I call it Eugurt (because the pre-fix "eu" means true and genuine). It is sustainable, gum-free, minimal ingredients (3-4), Kosher/Halal, low-fat, gluten-free, non-GMO, and nut-free (except for soy in the original offering). Thanks. Rusty

Without having thought about it a lot, I'd say yes, that sounds like a good idea! Presumably, it will have a longer shelf-life than regular yogurt? So would be preferable to shops / HFSs in areas with a smaller vegan / non-dairy population (like my home town). Would also be ideal for people who are traveling in areas with a lack of vegan / non-dairy products (like on camping trips, or France ...).

I'm not sure about the name. "Eu" sounds a lot like "ew". Just saying!

Thank you both. And I appreciate the comments. I'm in the US, though overseas is hopefully in the future and I might need to rethink the name. My logo also includes a phonetic spelling minor name below the "Eugurt", which is "yoogert" with the shwah "e" so I hope to coach customers in how to say it. And yes, Indian Summer, this is very portable and shelf-stable. And I also would like to compliment you on your attention to your forum. Very well done. Similarly to you Andy_T, you are "everywhere" over the forum.

Reactions: Second Summer
Without having thought about it a lot, I'd say yes, that sounds like a good idea! Presumably, it will have a longer shelf-life than regular yogurt? So would be preferable to shops / HFSs in areas with a smaller vegan / non-dairy population (like my home town). Would also be ideal for people who are traveling in areas with a lack of vegan / non-dairy products (like on camping trips, or France ...).

I'm not sure about the name. "Eu" sounds a lot like "ew". Just saying!

Oh, and also, thank you for segmenting your forum to allow this kind of platform - makes sense, I think, for those trying to best serve the Vegan diet. Also, seeing as how educating the public and manufacturers on the desires and needs of Vegans and like-minded consumers is such an important component.

Oh, and also, thank you for segmenting your forum to allow this kind of platform - makes sense, I think, for those trying to best serve the Vegan diet. Also, seeing as how educating the public and manufacturers on the desires and needs of Vegans and like-minded consumers is such an important component.
This new area (The Bazaar) was actually originally my wife's idea. When she was a moderator on another veg*n board, she noticed there were a lot of potentially useful threads/posts that they had to delete because they violated the board's anti-spam policies. Years later, I finally got it together, created this area on VV and updated our rules. It's still very new with only a few posts, so I should work to make it more visible.

Reactions: Andy_T and Rusty
This new area (The Bazaar) was actually originally my wife's idea. When she was a moderator on another veg*n board, she noticed there were a lot of potentially useful threads/posts that they had to delete because they violated the board's anti-spam policies. Years later, I finally got it together, created this area on VV and updated our rules. It's still very new with only a few posts, so I should work to make it more visible.
Ha! As in my family, my wife is such a great yin to my yang and a great voice to add to my creativity. Well, please take this as positive feedback in that I believe The Bazaar could be excellent in redirecting potentially spam-like posts from other areas of the forum and at the same time fostering legitimate product introductions and developments - all of which could be a platform for open conversation on furtherind Vegan causes in commercial industry.

I think it's a good idea. I don't eat dairy substitutes a lot, so having something long-life would be great for when it's needed in recipes.

The name did make me think of the EU though.

Reactions: Rusty