Plastic Cup vs. Paper Cup

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I went to a restaurant where you go to the cashier first, he/she totals your bill and puts in your order, and then they bring the food out to you. Right in front of him is a box with two sections--one for paper cups the other for heavy plastic cups (the kind that can be put in a dishwasher and reused). I order a fountain drink in a plastic up. The guy then hands me a paper cup.

I chew him out restrainedly about the problems of the environment, and tell him I cannot use a paper cup.

It annoys me when people do not listen to what I say. It also annoys me when people do not give a f@#k about the environment, and assume I have the same attitude.

I have no idea what a cashier get's paid in America, Joe.

Personaly I don't expect anyone who gives a flying feck about anything to be working for somewhere between £2.73 to £6.50 an hour.

Wow.. Someone made a mistake and handed you the wrong cup. Your life is SO hard. I don't know how you even survived that horror.

Wow.. Someone made a mistake and handed you the wrong cup. Your life is SO hard. I don't know how you even survived that horror.

That was not the point.

The point is that our society's insistence on using "disposable" products instead of reusable products is destroying the environment.