Pictures of Your Animal Friends

A couple pictures of a Brown Thrasher in the backyard - I used my telephoto lens but even it wasn't long enough so I had to crop the pics quite a bit.
3586423149_1a9bd24297_z.jpg

3586419795_2ef1c14371_z.jpg

How come this little guy is white? Do you think he's sick?
No he's probably just trying to match the ground. I found a little one in the doorway of the spare room yesterday morning, and he was a delicate shade of green to match my walls. He was very weak too, so I took him outside and put him in a saucer I keep water in for the critters in the dry hot weather, and put a little puddle of water in it for him. I covered him up with a grape leaf for protection against being spotted, and when I went out later to check on him he had gotten really chubby from absorbing lots of water, and he was a perfect match to the tan glaze of the pottery. When I put the grape leaf back over him he shot out from under it like a streak of tan lightning, so he was fully recovered. :)

I have seen them try to turn deep emerald green when they sit on my hose, pale oyster to match certain rocks in my rock wall, and some get coppery red patches to match the barnyard red of my house, when they sleep in the crevices under the window trim. They can also turn many shades of leafy green to match the plants they rest on, and some turn the shade of the dried oak leaves on the ground. I have to have eyes like a hawk when I go out on the patio at dusk, or into the garage, because they try to match the concrete. Haven't stepped on one yet thank goodness, even though some are the size of pinto beans. :)

Cool! You're lucky to have so many...this is the second time I've seen one this summer...sadly, sometimes 2-3 years go by without me seeing any. I did pour some water on the ground where I released him...I wasn't sure if maybe he was hot/dehydrated.

I love frogs and toads! They really like our front porch because of all the plants, I guess because they get watered a lot. And when it rains, it pools around the front, too, so they hang out there.

I love frogs and toads!

Me too! Only I keep forgetting there are frogs AND toads...I keeping calling all of them frogs...probably because frog sounds cuter and toad sounds, well, like, toad, lol.

I love frogs and toads! They really like our front porch because of all the plants, I guess because they get watered a lot. And when it rains, it pools around the front, too, so they hang out there.
Me too. I often get the embarrassing urge to kiss them while they are asleep. :blush:

Reactions: KLS52
I have kissed some frogs, and I liked it. I don't know if they did, though. They're so cute, they are just begging to be smooched even if they don't know it.
mini-frog19.gif

We used to have house finches nest on our front porch all the time. At one time, there were 3 nests. They haven't nested since we had work done on the house, though. I wish they would come back. :( Anyway, I took my little point-and-shoot and got some shots of one nest a few years ago. Not all the eggs hatched, but it was fun to be able to watch them grow up as I'd check on them from time to time. Even saw one of the parents trying to show them how to fly and jump around into the azalea bushes.
3327349925_e9684f6749_b.jpg

Coats were completely matted and dirty. They've been starved. The old boy has been terrified of eating. The vet wouldn't even vaccinate them because they're so underweight. But they're now looking for homes but won't go to them until they've put on enough weight to be vaccinated at least.
Two four year old girls and a 12 year old boy. I don't know if they've been named yet, I'll know when I'm back in work on Saturday.

1j7zo2.jpg
166j79y.jpg
1z1fyfr.jpg

Reactions: Pickle Juice
Coats were completely matted and dirty. They've been starved. The old boy has been terrified of eating. The vet wouldn't even vaccinate them because they're so underweight. But they're now looking for homes but won't go to them until they've put on enough weight to be vaccinated at least.
Two four year old girls and a 12 year old boy. I don't know if they've been named yet, I'll know when I'm back in work on Saturday.

1j7zo2.jpg
166j79y.jpg
1z1fyfr.jpg

Oh my...so precious! :smitten: