Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
For those of you you like pancakes, it's pancake day on the 16 th February :

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I’m very excited that it’s one day after mine (and PTree’s) and one day BEFORE Ash Wednesday (beginning of lent). 😁Which I guess is the point lol (fat Tuesday).

What happens after fat Tuesday ? o_O
Lent...technically, we fast (only one full meal for the day) and abstain (from meat, which luckily isn’t an issue for me haha) on Ash Wednesday. After that we usually try and do something in the coming days in preparation for Easter, in the form of sacrifice. Most people use this time to give up something they love, candy, cakes, any type of sweets/desserts, etc. It’s also suggested that instead of giving up something you “do” something extra, like maybe praying the rosary daily or attending daily mass.
Lucky for me, there is a cutoff age lol. I think it’s 59? So I usually don’t “give up” anything anymore, although I feel a little guilty about it sometimes Guilt is the one thing that really bothers me about my upbringing. It weighs heavy on me and I don’t think that should be the intention. I believe I’m a good person, albeit imperfect. Guilt can be very destructive to a person’s psyche. A little can be good...too much of it, not so much. Anyway, I digress, lol. What else is new 😁
So I think for Catholics pancake day is “Fat Tuesday” where you eat up in preparation to begin the lean time of lent. I’ll look it up in case I’m not remembering any of my childhood teachings correctly, haha. I’ll come and correct if need be. 😊

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I’m very excited that it’s one day after mine (and PTree’s) and one day BEFORE Ash Wednesday (beginning of lent). 😁Which I guess is the point lol (fat Tuesday).
I'm going to take hungryraccoon's idea and put chocolate chips in my pancakes for Fat Tuesday. And home fries. Must have home fries.

Reactions: 1956 and KLS52
We had pancakes for breakfast, too! Thick vegan American-style buttermilk pancakes with stewed blueberries and tofu scramble. Really nice!

Reactions: 1956