Oreos and other accidental vegan treats

Tamsingray89

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Oreo's do not contain any animal product ingredients, so they ARE vegan friendly in that sense. However, their different production lines are not isolated or separated, so technically, they POSSIBLY could have trace amounts of milk that was used in other products (like milk chocolate) in the same room - from https://www.quora.com/Are-Oreo-cookies-vegan-friendly

I actually quite like Oreos!
The idea that they 'POSSIBLY could have trace amounts of milk that was used in other products (like milk chocolate) in the same room', doesn't bother me too much. I became vegan for environmental, health and ethical reasons, so I think that a trace doesn't affect any of these 3 reasons :)

However with the vegan switch also came a motivation to eat healthier, more wholesome foods, so it probably would be a once in a while treat

Yes, there is something called Newman O's. Non-health-food health-food. Haven't had em in ages but I agree they are scrumptious. :)

I found out some biscuits from Pillsbury is vegan... I make donuts with them.

Those sugary snacks may not contain any animal products but you want to cherish your body and treat it as a temple. Avoice sugary snacks, especially ones loaded with chemicals.