Only in australia

alleycat

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yesterday on our way home from visiting mum in hospital we stopped to buy lunch at the Botanic gardens. We put our order in and sat down to wait, heard a surprised squeal from the kitchen. The cook very calmly walks out backwards and makes a quick phone call. 2 minutes later a young lad shows up with his work gear, 1 minute later his sack is full and cook is very happy. Cook walks around and explains that the delay was because of a 5 foot eastern brown snake thinking the kitchen was a good spot to be. Poor group of tourists sitting behind us were stunned to hear the snake was released 200 yds away. Their children who had been running around chasing the birds were gathered up very quickly and made to sit at the table.

Reactions: Hedgewitch
I know this post has been up for awhile but I'm an Aussie living in UK for a few years. Any other Aussie is a treat for me. I don't hear my accent anywhere. I miss it.....and the snake stories as well believe it or not. Leave them alone and they'll be long gone. I'd still be watching where I walked though. I'm heading home to Snakesville with my English hub soon. He's got a lot to learn about living in the bush. :-D

Reactions: alleycat