News Obituaries

I heard about Anne Heche's accident and death on the radio, but wasn't familiar with her work. I guess that comes from choosing not to have a TV, but I waste too much time as it is, and it's really better for me to interact with people on-line or in real life.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I don’t think anyone is trying to suggest that. One can feel sympathy for a transgressor without condoning their actions. I doubt she consciously and intentionally set out to harm anyone. She was impaired and shouldn’t have been behind the wheel of a car. That was a really bad choice that resulted in really bad consequences. But being impaired is just that…you’re not thinking clearly if at all. I don’t think anyone is trying to justify what happened. But one can still feel sympathy for someone who obviously messed up really bad and paid the ultimate price.
On cocaine, you think very clearly. Her choice was her choice and it was a choice that demonstrated utter disrespect for the lives of others. I've had coke - don't think it's anything like alcohol or mind-altering drugs because it isn't. She knew very well what she was doing.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
My heart goes out to the people of Britain and the Comonwealth at the loss of their greatest treasure. As a person of faith, I like to think of her in heaven now, off on a walk with her beloved Phillip and all the corgies.
What a grand lady!

Last edited:
Devastating news. Condolences to all in the United Kingdom and the Commonweatlh realms. 💔😢

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC