News Obituaries

NYT obit.... John McCain, War Hero, Senator, Presidential Contender, Dies at 81

ETA: These lovely statements.... :rose:

DlfO1psUUAAMziS.jpg:large

DlfMCWbXsAEFVdx.jpg:large

Last edited:
John McCain has died.

John McCain, Senator And Former GOP Presidential Nominee, Dies

I never agreed with his political views and hated him for giving us Sarah Palin and her loathsome politics and family, but I agree that he was someone who was much more of a decent gentleman and patriot than the creature currently occupying the White House. I don’t know what kind of President he might have been, but he wouldn’t be spending every waking moment trashing everyone and everything around him and screaming insanities on Twitter every day. And he wouldn’t be spending every single f****** weekend playing golf instead of attending to his presidential duties.

There was a time, in the 1990's, where I might have voted for him. He made a turn to the right during/after the truly nasty primary campaign the Bush Jr. camp fought.

But I think that, at heart, he remained a man of personal principle. There are precious few of those left in the current political climate.

Neil Simon, Pulitzer prize-winning playwright, dies - CNN

:cry: Rest In Peace, Mr. Simon. You made me, and a lot of other people, laugh for a very long time, especially when we really needed it. Without you around, I’m going to miss the sharp dialogue, clever wit, wonderful comic timing, and indelible characters of your plays and movies.

Kolya Vasin has died because of an accident.:sniff: He was a writer-historiographist and the main russian fan of "The Beatles". In his flat(!) he created the country's biggest museum of the history of "The Beatles" and built the "Temple of love, peace and music" dedicated to John Lennon.:sigh:
I found this. January 1st, 1994:
Lennongrad, Back in What Used to Be the U.S.S.R.