News Nutrition Expert-A Plant-Based Diet Could Save Your Life

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This Nutrition Expert Says A Plant-Based Diet Could Save Your Life

Well, not really "news" for us but it's in Forbes. Which makes it newsworthy.

Never heard of the Nutrition Expert, Julieanna Hever. I guess she is sort of famous. The author of The Vegiterranean Diet and The Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition. I never heard of those either. Where have I been? Her claim to fame seems to be she worked with Penn Juliette. Although reading the reviews of these books has perked my interest. They are both at my library - that gives her some more credibility. My library is still closed but I put a hold on both of them.

The author seems to think she invented the Plant-Based diet.

"You could sum it all up into this one sentence," Julieanna says. "We want you to eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, mushrooms, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices in tasty combinations of soups, salads, side, and sweets." Nothing is processed, and everything is eaten whole.​

I think Gregar said this better. With fewer words.

Reactions: Emma JC
Attractive and charismatic vegan advocates are necessary. The public doesn’t listen when mainstream health organizations say that properly-planned vegetarian diets are healthy. The public prefers advice from television shows and from YouTube “experts”.

Reactions: Emma JC
...and people also respond to being given ideas. Food is such a common topic. Years back I would avoid food discussions because they always involved meat or dairy. When I would be asked about my dishes naturally the conversation would turn to meats, but as long as I stayed involved I could add ideas. Suggesting swapping chickpeas in a casserole, or how lentils are so high in potassium, or using liquid smoke to cook greens with beans....people respond to that.
It is true that people just find it hard to not think outside of what they're used to. I found it easy to give up meat because I was used to meals without it, but when it came to avoiding dairy my world flipped upside down and I found it so hard to come up with foods I liked!
It really is like planting seeds

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Dr. Oz's advice varies in quality. On his website, he includes a webpage that discourages people from eating more than 1/2 cup of beans per day: Rule 2: No More Than a Half Cup of Beans Per Day. But, also on his website, he encourages people to eat 3 to 5 servings (1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups) of beans per day: How to Follow the TLC Diet . His advice is contradictory.

At one time, Dr. Oz's website also included an article (though not written by him) which claimed that vegans were descendants of people who were submissive "prey-type" people. That article is now gone.

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Dr. Oz's advice varies in quality. On his website, he includes a webpage that discourages people from eating more than 1/2 cup of beans per day: Rule 2: No More Than a Half Cup of Beans Per Day. But, also on his website, he encourages people to eat 3 to 5 servings (1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups) of beans per day: How to Follow the TLC Diet . His advice is contradictory.

At one time, Dr. Oz's website also included an article (though not written by him) which claimed that vegans were descendants of people who were submissive "prey-type" people. That article is now gone.
I saw a show where he first explained why dairy was so bad for you, then in the second half advised eating low fat dairy products for protien
He's been a shill for years!

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and David3