New Years Eve dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwaychou

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
So, my friend has invited me over again for new years, and i suggeated a taco bar, because it would be easier for everyone, and everyone could eat according to thier preferences.
So i am making enchilada beans, spanish rice and possibly vegan cheese sauce, buying avocados, olives, jalapenos, and chips.
What is everyone doing for new year?

So, my friend has invited me over again for new years, and i suggeated a taco bar, because it would be easier for everyone, and everyone could eat according to thier preferences.
So i am making enchilada beans, spanish rice and possibly vegan cheese sauce, buying avocados, olives, jalapenos, and chips.
What is everyone doing for new year?

A taco bar is a great idea and what we did on Christmas Eve where there were 6 of us and 3 were vegan and 3 were not. We did Gardein taco meat, had vegan shreds, a pica made of green onions, tomatoes, cilantro and black olives, chopped lettuce for the top, taco sauce made from "bulleted" spicy salsa and a touch of vegan sour cream on top. Funnily enough we ran out of the pica and the lettuce as we underrated their popularity. A simple side of spanish rice was also a big hit with the non-vegans piling the pica on top with the sauce.

We don't have any big plans for New Years.... just quiet and food...

Emma JC

Since this is the end of a decade, I am going to spend a more reflective New Year instead of going out or partying. In 1999 that certainly wasn't the case as I was very young and wild, and I recall spending 2009 with a few friends. So maybe I am making a new tradition, or this is just something I need right now.

I still want to make a festive dish, I'm thinking something with tempeh and cabbage right now, but I'll update in a few days.

A taco bar sounds like an excellent idea for a party. I may use that after the first of the year.

I'm not a big New Year's Eve reveler, and I likely will be working anyway, but I will have a nice meal. I think I want spaghetti with seasoned olive oil, broccoli and black olives. And maybe some garlic bread and a glass of red wine.

I've decided to marinate tempeh with tamari, fresh ginger, fresh orange juice, fresh garlic, a splash of ACV, and a bit of coconut sugar. Then I'll fry it and pour some of the sauce over cooked broccoli. All will be served over rice with the coconut flavored Earth Balance.

I know cabbage is supposed to bring wealth in Europe, but rice brings wealth in Asia. I just am more in a broccoli mood.

Last edited:
we have decide to 'graze' today and tomorrow - just lots of hummus and veggies and fruits and bread pizza and making pea soup and having it with grilled cheeze and also picked up a "blue" cashew cheese wedge and pitas and will likely make some falafel balls as well

Happy New Year!

Emma JC
blue_cheese.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.