New years eve dilemma

windrose

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Only a few more weeks and we will be into the new year..and here is my problem.
A group of friends will all be going to a New Years Eve party/dinner/dance.
Now of all our friends we are true vegans...don't ask.
The venue will be the local VFW (Veterans of foreign wars) and they have a set menu...steak and potatoes. (typical). They will be charging a $100 a couple and l can not see spending that just to dance on New Years Eve but do wish to celebrate with our friends.
I have considered asking to be accommodated but can't see how they would unless it was potatoes and a house salad . We can eat prior to going but do not think they would discount the set price...what would you do???

I personally might say I don't eat steak and just to serve you potatoes and salad. You can say that you are happy to pay the $100 to support the veterans society.

Have you tried calling the venue? Many places will accommodate vegans these days. I wouldn't decide anything without first calling. If nothing else, your call will send them the message that their set menu might be turning away some customers.

I'd definitely ask, as the potatoes may have butter on them! Most places would be willing to accommodate even if it is just slightly

Well l went to purchase my tickets today for the NY .Strip steak with Shrimp dinner...but good news! The chef was there and l asked about a Vegan option and he said he would be happy to accommodate. He was not sure what it may be at this time but was going to do what l had thought impossible . Once again hats off the those men and women who have protected us and our standard of life and to the Chef at the VFW ,Hobe Sound, Florida!

Reactions: Forest Nymph