New to Vegan

Tamsin

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone!!

Basically as the title suggests, I'm going to make the transition to vegan. I just wanted to know if anyone had any good tips on how to make it a smooth transition?

Thank you

Hello Tamsin!

Welcome to the forums :)

Here's a tip I should have taken when I first started off, never assume what you're about to purchase is animal free... Always read the ingredients or label otherwise you may find that whatever you have just ate or purchased contains an animal! Obviously fruit/vegetables or pretty much anything you can visually tell has come from the ground is going to be pretty much vegan I'm talking about processed foods, I found milk in potato chips the other day, potato chips... Imagine that?

So basically, read the label before! Unless you're 100% sure ;)

Good tip!! I'm really daunted at the moment. I got a recipe book to help with ideas but I've got my son and husband who I'm trying to not affect with my "lifestyle choice" so it's not easy!!

It's bonkers what contains milk. I can't believe potato chips do!!!

Make sure you get your iodine, as vegans always seem to forget it. It comes in sea vegetables which is probably why. Find your favourite vegan milk... mine turned out to be oat milk.
Good luck.