New to this but can’t relate to ppl

Hi,

My wife and I are long standing vegans who are absolutely content with our way of life. On the negative side veganism has produced only the very most minor of little irritating problems for us. On the positive side we feel we are at ease with ourselves.

It is always interesting to hear about the difficulties experienced by newbies. And a problem shared is a problem halved.

So, assuming you are a new to veganism how is it for you? What are the joys? What are the pains?

Roger.

Hi. I'm fine. Right now I'm enjoying a bagel sandwich and a cup of coffee. Its a beautiful day and temps are expected to be in the 70s. Planning a trip to the Farmer's Market later and goal for today is to finish analyzing the issues on the ballot. The measures on the ballot are not that easy to understand.

Wow, you Californians have a lot to consider - nice to see no. 12 relates to chickens and pigs and calves.... it will be interesting to see the result, will you post it here, Lou?

ty Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I don't have any vegan friends. When I go to friends I live on hummus and olives. Fortunately I like both. Sometimes there are peanuts. There might be pizzas and quiches and sausage rolls and cheeses for everyone else. I usually make sure I've eaten before I go. That or cook and take something vegan with me. Nobody seems to want to join me, but they are all nice people. We have lots of other stuff in common. Most of my friends have different views on some things, it makes for interesting conversation. They are interested in my being vegan, but that is only one aspect of me. As is whether they are religious, not religious, rich, poor, Brexiteers or Remainers, vegan, veggie or carniv. I can only set an example and hope that they have that moment of realisation that I did.

Reactions: Emma JC
@Sally

when visiting friends be sure to bring something vegan to share. During the summer I go to some BBQs. Besides bringing my own burger I bring something to share. Last time I brought vegetable-kabob-skewers.

For a football game, I bring assorted dips: hummus; guac; bean dip, etc. And chips or a plate of assorted cut up veggies. Popcorn without butter.

Bringing extra food to share may cost a bit more money. but figure you are sort of a vegan ambassador. Most people don't realize how much food is vegan and/or how good it is.

As people learned that I was vegan some of them go to great lengths to make sure I have something to eat. My sister still cooks a turkey but I can generally eat all the sides.

I quit alcohol as well over a year ago. I only leave my house to go to work, the supermarket or my parents or walks in nature. That's it. And to be honest, I don't miss a thing. Never before been so at peace with myself and the whole entire universe. I've left the circus.