New to the forum

JacobEdward

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Love that there's this forum, needs to be a bit more advertised to people though... collecting Vegans to participate in projects and brainstorm around ideas is definitely needed... we're all so disconnected from each other...

I've linked to all of my posts and info on my profile, it wont let me link directly from a regular message apparently...

welcome, Jacob

It is a wonderful group of people here and we have some amazing and lively discussions.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Emma JC

I have a small project that I need people to participate in!

I decided on the topic of attitudes to vegetarians as a starting point for my undergraduate studies because meat-eating diets are associated with obesity (You and Henneberg, 2016). Research shows that people do not have particularly strong feelings about vegetarianism. Yet, rates of vegetarianism are low for the UK (Ipsos MORI, 2016). Research suggests the more positive an individual feels towards beef; the more likely they are to have a negative attitude to vegetarians. I will look at whether I can recreate this finding in the UK with an online, self-report questionnaire. The study aims to explore the relationship between attitudes to meat and attitudes towards vegetarians in a bid to understand negativity towards a vegetarian diet, in the hope that it can shed light on why vegetarian rates are so low despite the negative health impacts of heavily meat based diet. I would really appreciate some more vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians and more to take part so I can look at differences between those kinds of diets and diets that include a lot of meat. It's not strictly for UK people either, anybody can take part!

I would post the link to the study here but I am unsure of the rules regarding that? If anybody is interested please let me know or if an experienced member could give me the go ahead to post a link to my survey?

Thank you :)

I have a small project that I need people to participate in!

I decided on the topic of attitudes to vegetarians as a starting point for my undergraduate studies because meat-eating diets are associated with obesity (You and Henneberg, 2016). Research shows that people do not have particularly strong feelings about vegetarianism.
I just hate those types of claims about reality... "research shows"... very science oriented person, javascript gives you a strong sense of how easy it is to be sure of something and then it turned out to not be true...

Yet, rates of vegetarianism are low for the UK (Ipsos MORI, 2016).
What do you mean yet? Wouldn't a lack of strong feelings indicate it would be low? Yet implies you thought the opposite...

Research suggests the more positive an individual feels towards beef; the more likely they are to have a negative attitude to vegetarians.
Again, claims about millions of people...

I will look at whether I can recreate this finding in the UK with an online, self-report questionnaire.
what?

The study aims to explore the relationship between attitudes to meat and attitudes towards vegetarians in a bid to understand negativity towards a vegetarian diet, in the hope that it can shed light on why vegetarian rates are so low despite the negative health impacts of heavily meat based diet.
I've never been convinced of that and its this thing where there's a lot of contrary evidence, omnivores in their 90's etc

I would really appreciate some more vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians and more to take part so I can look at differences between those kinds of diets and diets that include a lot of meat. It's not strictly for UK people either, anybody can take part!
This would all be through self reporting right?

I would post the link to the study here but I am unsure of the rules regarding that? If anybody is interested please let me know or if an experienced member could give me the go ahead to post a link to my survey?
please just link, years later but hopefully you will still get the notification

Thank you :)