New Products

I don't know which Pringle flavors are still vegan but the only one I ever got, Original, is no longer vegan.
No outrage on my part. There are other brands of chips, many of them IMHO better. If Mr. Pringle doesn't want my business that is ok with me.

It still kind of sucks. Pringles was great to take on trips.

Agree that there are better ones, but it's still annoying. I'll have to tell my friend Wendy. Whenever she brings snacks for me and my family, she always includes Pringles for me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
CHOCOLOATE!

I don't think I have ever had TCHO chocolate. I'm not even sure I've seen it in the store.
BTW, has anyone tried Dr. Bronner's chocolate bars yet??

CHOCOLOATE!

I don't think I have ever had TCHO chocolate. I'm not even sure I've seen it in the store.
BTW, has anyone tried Dr. Bronner's chocolate bars yet??

I haven't seen them anywhere. I would love to try them, though.

Reactions: Lou
I saw this article today but its sort of old news. Still I think its really interesting and maybe even exciting.

It turns out this company has developed a process using fungi enzymes to break down what some might even classify as farm waste. Corn cobs, stalks, bran, etc. The stuff is then processed and turned into something like sugar.

"We use enzymes to break down the fiber into smaller long chains and small chains of sugars," says Dr. Simmons. "So what comes out the other end is technically a mix of sugars—partly sugars and partly fiber as well"

The result after this process is a low-calorie, low-glycemic, prebiotic sugar—meaning it won't raise your blood sugar levels as much due to the fiber content.

Hidden Valley plant based ranch is really good. I don't know how it compares to regular, but I'm happy with it. I found it on sale--buy two for $5. I think the regular price was like $3.50, a smaller bottle, and that's too much.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I had really gotten addicted to NotMilk, which is only sold at Whole Foods and a few online places. My online supplier, Imperfect Foods, decided to stop delivering to my area, so I would have to drive 90 miles to the nearest Whole Foods. I bought a 2 month supply before Imperfect Foods shut me off.

My only supplier is now Whole Foods. I thought I would order a case to make the drive worth it. That would keep me supplied for another 2 months.

I was in MetroMarket (Kroger) and saw Silk's new NextMilk product, so I picked up a carton. Not quite the same, but remarkably similar. They have done a fairly good copy of NotMilk. It is, also, cheaper. On sale it was nearly $2 cheaper than NotMilk.

Really good.

John Starkey, president of plant-based food & beverages for Danone North America, told Yahoo Finance the creation combines oat milk, and a plant-based blend featuring soy and creamy coconut milk.

"Rather than focus on one plant-based ingredient, it uses a familiar blend of plant-based ingredients designed to deliver on the taste and texture of dairy," Starkey said. The formula includes nutrients found in traditional dairy like calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, B12, riboflavin and phosphorus — in addition to 4 grams of plant-based protein per a serving.

He believes the unique blend will capture a hesitant segment of hardcore dairy-lovers that haven't made the switch to almond, soy, oat or coconut. Some 53% of people who said they would not purchase a plant-based product because of its taste, Starkey said, but "like the idea of plant based beverages."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC
Reactions: KLS52