Announcement New dark styles!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've just installed a new dark style that comes in a couple of different variations: orange, blue, green, yellow, purple and red. I have to say I quite like it!

This will replace the dark styles we had before.

I haven't applied any of our usual customisations yet, except for the logo. I thought it would be a good idea to try it out plain a bit first. Maybe someone will feel inspired to contribute some new graphics? Halloween is coming up shortly! :)

Edit: The new style is called Darkened. To use this style, click the link in the lower left of the window (called e.g. "Plain Blue" if that is you current style) and select the style you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrowCaw
Halloween is coming up shortly! :)

Edit: The new style is called Darkened. To use this style, click the link in the lower left of the window (called e.g. "Plain Blue" if that is you current style) and select the style you want.
I think I am going to try the orange/black style and see how it works for me.I like it much better than what I had.

Oh yes. It's like the savior of mankind was bored and so he gave birth to the next savior of mankind, who was also the savior of womankind, and she grew up and transformed into a forum color scheme! My cup runneth over, and I didn't even have one! :starshower:

Thank you magic hand, for bestowing upon us this fortuitous bounty! :yes:

I've noticed just a couple of issues with this style though:
  • Quoted post are displayed as gray text on dark gray background, which doesn't give enough contrast.
  • A couple of white areas in the Arcade.
  • The member cards (if that's what they are called?) with the info about each user is displayed inside the threads. (Edit: Fixed!) I think it had previously been said on here it was nice that you had to actively click on the member's name / avatar to see this info ...?
I think I may be able to tweak the settings to fix these issues.

Last edited:
I haven't applied any of our usual customisations yet, except for the logo. I thought it would be a good idea to try it out plain a bit first. Maybe someone will feel inspired to contribute some new graphics? Halloween is coming up shortly! :)

Maybe something like this,or is the logo too big a thing to change?
HALLOWEEN.jpg

Is there a xenoforo Halloween theme? Be nice to have pop up ghosts flying around, that that sort of thing usuallyplays havoc with people's browsers I suppose.

Maybe something like this,or is the logo too big a thing to change?
View attachment 3629
I've added this to the Blackend-Yellow style. (Cropped it a bit just to remove unused vertical space.)

Is there a xenoforo Halloween theme? Be nice to have pop up ghosts flying around, that that sort of thing usuallyplays havoc with people's browsers I suppose.
Don't think I've seen one, but I did just add some pumpkins to the front page. (Might have to do CTRL-F5 to force your browser to load it.)

Reactions: KLS52
Don't think I've seen one, but I did just add some pumpkins to the front page. (Might have to do CTRL-F5 to force your browser to load it.)
Love the bloody knives and pumpkins!Or is it the pumpkins holding the bloody knives?Anyway I love them.My browser loaded it just fine.

Last edited:
I've attempted to make the text contrast a little better. (Messed up a couple of things in the process, but think I've restored it now ...)

For some reason my pumpkins have disappeared?
You are correct - I messed up a couple of things before, and forgot to add them back. They should be visible again now.

The holiday themes should be subtle and keep the current VV logo, I think. Add some cobwebs to the logo for October, a cornucopia for November, Santa hat for December, etc.
Yes, I think that would be the most pro solution! Wouldn't want to vandalize our logo though, so kinda would want @Alice-Bee to do it ... but she's not been posting in a while.

I don't think it would work to add cobwebs to Alice's logo. That logo is based upon a pea plant I think. Cobwebs on a pea plant wouldn't be very Halloweeny .