Need some Tips for Vegan/Veg Food in the UK

There are some Redwoods vegan pasties in Holland and Barrett which are pretty tasty.

Also, I'd try to find the Tesco cheese again, especially the hard cheddar style blocks. It melts really well, so it's good for pizza and pasta bakes and things like that.

I don't like Oreos (too sweet) so will just pick up the usual goodies from Sainsbury's. I like their vegan gummy sweets and those caramel chocolates in the Free from aisle.
There aren't any vegan restaurants in the area where I'm staying so I just go to M&S for lunch which suits me fine.

:drool:
I agree with you Oreos are waaaaay to sweet. apart from the name brand appeal. I dont see why people go mad for them. There are better "cookies".
Asda have some vegan chicken bits. Theyre quite nice.

There are some Redwoods vegan pasties in Holland and Barrett which are pretty tasty.

Also, I'd try to find the Tesco cheese again, especially the hard cheddar style blocks. It melts really well, so it's good for pizza and pasta bakes and things like that.

I'll call the store as it was one of those giant Tesco's.
I agree with you Oreos are waaaaay to sweet. apart from the name brand appeal. I dont see why people go mad for them. There are better "cookies".

Me neither. I can't stand too sugary biscuits and cakes.

Could you tell me what is is called and if it is in a special section as I didn't find it last time I was in Tesco's ? I did
ask a sales assistant but the person hadn't a clue that non dairy cheese even existed.:rolleyes:

I had to taste them to see what all the buzz was about. I would class the biscuits into the junk category as they have little or no taste whatsover. Furthermore they are quite expensive.:down:

Give me a plain Hobnob anytime. ;)

Could you tell me what is is called and if it is in a special section as I didn't find it last time I was in Tesco's ? I did
ask a sales assistant but the person hadn't a clue that non dairy cheese even existed.:rolleyes:

In my Tesco its in its own little section where the dairy yogurts are. But my guess is just keep your eye open in any of the 'chilled' fridge sections (more likely to be with milk/cheese/yogurt)
Instead of asking for non dairy cheese, ask where the 'Free From' section is or the FRESH almond/hazelnut/coconut milk is. Its usually with them.

I tasted Oreos years ago when my parents went to the US and brought some back and I wasn't that impressed either.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I tasted Oreos years ago when my parents went to the US and brought some back and I wasn't that impressed either.

In my Tesco its in its own little section where the dairy yogurts are. But my guess is just keep your eye open in any of the 'chilled' fridge sections (more likely to be with milk/cheese/yogurt)
Instead of asking for non dairy cheese, ask where the 'Free From' section is or the FRESH almond/hazelnut/coconut milk is. Its usually with them.

OK brillant ! I'll be goint to the giant Tesco's in Slough.:up:

I also thought that they were American as UK biscuits taste much better. I bought a pack of Hobsnobs so will have some tomorrow after my sugar load of Oreos.:p

I actually had a sales assistant who new what I was looking for ! He said that it was in the Free From range and he found me it in the yogurt aisle. I was searching for it in the cheese aisle last time so obviosly couldn't find it.:(

:up:

I actually bought some and made pizza with it last night. I must say that I'm amazed by the taste and find
that it really does taste of cheddar. This only confirms my theory that is is easier to have a vegan diet if you
live in the UK or US because of all the vegan food that is available.:up: