Question Need help for a project

N

Nadja

Hi,

My name is Nadja and I am currently studying a MA course in sustainable fashion in Germany. I've been a vegetarian for several years now and therefore decided to research innovative textile options that embrace animal welfare as part of my final project. I'd love to hear other people's opinion about this topic too - so far I've got lots of input from omnivores and vegans, but I'm lacking responses from vegetarians. I would therefore be very grateful if some of you could spare a few minutes to fill out this short survey. Thank you so much!

The influence of dietary choices within the context of sustainable fashion and textiles

All the best,

Nadja

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Interesting! Thank you for the link.
Please also do share information on the vegan products you mentioned in the questionnaire (banana silk etc.)

Thank you so much Silva and Andy! I am creating a website as part of my project which will give detailed information about each fibre, e.g. in terms of sustainability, cost, and suitability as an alternative to conventional silk. Once the website is up and running I will share the link on this page too. So far the feedback for the substitute fibres has been great and I am really happy that people seem so interested in this topic :)

I'd also be interested in plant substitutes for wool-with it's waterproof and wicking abilities

I'm not an expert on wool but I think it's probably a bit more tricky to replace :( I'll let you know in case I come across some information about plant-based wool substitutes during my research :sheep:

Thank you everyone, I'm really grateful for your help with this! :flower: