Need doggie help

You have to be careful with the kind of metal parrots have access to - most metals, other than stainless steel and nickle plated stuff (and even that, if the plating wears off), causes heavy metal toxicity. You can buy ceiling protectors made especially to hang between the toys/ropes/perches and the ceiling, to keep them from reaching the ceiling to eat it, or you can make your own - this site has instructions for one, if you tab down: http://www.landofvos.com/diy/diy_projects.html

Thank you, that site looks very helpful. I'll pass it on to her and maybe try to make one of those.

The metal we were planning to use was the bottom panel from an unused cage.

This is soooooo frustrating. I've found a good home for Sasha through a lab rescue. They've already done a home inspection and approved her. I've talked to her and she is getting her Wellness dog food ( I hear it's really good), taking her to the vet for a check-up and to the groomers, and she's already bought her a new bed.

The problem is, she lives about 1 1/2 hours away, and we are in the middle of nowhere, a mile or so down a very bad dirt road. So, the person wanted to know if I could come part of the way and I said I would. We were going to meet at a place about 30 minutes from me (an hour drive for her) and at first the owner was fine with it. Now, all of a sudden she is having a fit at having to meet her part way. She isn't even going, I am. She said the person lives in a nice place, has a nice car and can afford good dog food, so if she really wants the dog, she can drive all the way here. I hope she isn't trying to screw this up. Suddenly she wants to meet the person before she takes Sasha; she doesn't even like the dog. All week she's been saying how she can't wait until Sasha is gone. :sigh:

Okay, my rant is over.

This is soooooo frustrating. I've found a good home for Sasha through a lab rescue. They've already done a home inspection and approved her. I've talked to her and she is getting her Wellness dog food ( I hear it's really good), taking her to the vet for a check-up and to the groomers, and she's already bought her a new bed.

The problem is, she lives about 1 1/2 hours away, and we are in the middle of nowhere, a mile or so down a very bad dirt road. So, the person wanted to know if I could come part of the way and I said I would. We were going to meet at a place about 30 minutes from me (an hour drive for her) and at first the owner was fine with it. Now, all of a sudden she is having a fit at having to meet her part way. She isn't even going, I am. She said the person lives in a nice place, has a nice car and can afford good dog food, so if she really wants the dog, she can drive all the way here. I hope she isn't trying to screw this up. Suddenly she wants to meet the person before she takes Sasha; she doesn't even like the dog. All week she's been saying how she can't wait until Sasha is gone. :sigh:

Okay, my rant is over.

sounds about right. :( she's afraid to let go.

if you think it'd reassure her, get the new caregiver to sign an adoption agreement that lays out terms for the dog's care (and return if it doesn't work out).

the woman may have very valid reasons for not wanting to drive for 3 hours, 1.5 of them with a new dog in the car. like not screwing up her shocks. or her marbles. :p if she's a good home, you do what you need to do to make the adoption work. the money she saves on gas and car repairs is more money for dog treats and wellness food. the less tired and stressed the new owner is when they get home, the better first day the pup has with her.

Just want to say good luck with getting Sasha rehomed, Calliegirl... I hope you can get the current owner to agree.

Sasha is finally safe in her new home. It wasn't easy as the owner was dragging her feet and almost changed her mind. She was really resentful that the person who adopted her was well off, instead of being happy that Sasha will be spoiled.

Anyway, I dropped her off yesterday and her new family called this morning to say she was doing well. She has a new bed with her own fan to keep her cool. She also has a pretty new pink collar and they were taking her on a walk this morning. She had a vet visit as well, and she is really overweight...97lbs. :eek: She doesn't like the new healthy diet food though, and so far hasn't touched it. :p

Oh yeah, she got to sleep indoors for the first time in 3 1/2 years and loved it. :D

The owner is letting me find homes for two more dogs and two of the parrots. We're slowly getting this place to a more manageable size.

Reactions: KLS52