I just watched "Ordinary Angels" which stars Alan Ritchson in a role miles different from Reacher. It is a true story that takes place in 1993 early 94. Ritchson is a widower who just lost his wife to cancer and has a young daughter who needs a liver transplant. A troubled hairdresser learns of his troubles and vows to help. It is a heartwarming Hallmark type movie and I liked it a lot. On Netflix.
Good movie!
I watched one of my favorites, Nobody’s Fool, starring Paul Newman, Bruce Willis and Melanie Griffith. I love the gentle pace of this movie. It’s good storytelling, and it’s well acted.
We don't watch too many movies anymore. I used to watch 100-200 a year, which now seems as incomprehensible as eating 100 pounds of tofu. I often enjoy the historical experience of watching older movies, so we watched "Ninotchka" from 1939 a few days ago. It's a comedy based on Russian communists visiting the US. It contains some obvious propaganda from the era, though some of it wasn't too exaggerated since it was during Stalin's reign. Greta Garbo played a fantastic communist zealot until "love" turned her into "a real American woman" of the day. That part was a little disappointing, but it fit the times. She was overall fantastic in the picture, which was written by Billy Wilder. It was overall a fun movie, but probably only recommended for those who like to consume older films.
Netflix, Irena's Vow based on a true story. The acting was excellent and the lead role was played by a gorgeous Canadian actress. Loved everything about it; the story, the setting, the actors and especially the ending:
So I found "Nobody's Fool" streaming which is based on the book I found boring. It was a good movie and now I will skip the book. It was released in 1994 and it was kind of sad to see Bruce Willis in his prime and Paul Newman who has been gone for a while. He was nominated for Best Actor Academy award for this role.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.