TV & Film Movie Lounge

I seem to be on a "based on true story" kick lately. Today I watched A Street Cat Named Bob which is also based on a true story. I am sure everybody here has heard of this one! It was a wonderful story! It did make me cry which is not at all unusual!
This is available digitally through Hoopla, so I have borrowed it and might watch it tonight. I have a couple of days to watch it. :)

Reactions: Chryssie
Today I watched another Chris Hemsworth movie, Huntsman: Winter's War. I didn't realize it was a sequel so now I have to find the first one. It was a take on the Snow White story. I liked it.

Watched “Avengers: Endgame” today. Not that impressed.

Seriously, dudes? WTF? They could not prevent Thanos from doing his evil deed, so they just ... invented time travel? Quite a lazy solution...

Oooo, very creepy, I'm sure. That guy was scary.

I watched it for a 2 nd time last night and found it far more interesting. He always had a girlfriend in tow and even became a father whilst he was on death row !:rolleyes:

Indeed, he was a very scary character. Apparently the police think that he was responsable for the murder of a 100 women.

Watched “Avengers: Endgame” today. Not that impressed.

Seriously, dudes? WTF? They could not prevent Thanos from doing his evil deed, so they just ... invented time travel? Quite a lazy solution...
Agreed. I liked Infinity War much better.
Spoiler alert! Endgame spoilers below!
I thought the movie was way too long, as well. They spent so much time with the Pym particles and Tony and his father. I was like, OK move it along. There is no reason for these types of movies to be more than two hours. Get a decent editor already. That said, I loved Thor :D.

I watched Everest the other day. It was about the tragic climb in 1996 when a sudden storm came up and stranded a bunch of climbers. It was good, very tense. People that do that mountain climbing are crazy!

I watched Everest the other day. It was about the tragic climb in 1996 when a sudden storm came up and stranded a bunch of climbers. It was good, very tense. People that do that mountain climbing are crazy!
It was intense, even though I knew the story. I watched it with my sister and a friend a couple of months ago.

Reactions: Chryssie
Yes! I read the book and saw the movie. Both were great.

I read both of the books and particularly enjoyed the one written by (can't remember his name) who saved them.
It's a lesson that we should all learn; there is always hope in the most desperate situations if you have the will.

People wing and complain and should be more grateful for what they have.

Nando Parrado is the author of the other book relating the story.

Nando Parrado - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
I watched Split which is fascinating and disturbing, a psychological thriller about a man with 23 personalities. Of course there is good and evil and bad things happen. It was very interesting though. I am intrigued by psychology and this controversial disorder. The actor that portrayed the lead was amazing!

Reactions: Val
I'm probably going to go and see the new Godzilla film when it comes out. It has the Eleven from Stranger Things in it.

Reactions: Val
Still have not seen endgame, most likely renting it. It is just so hard for me to sit still 3 hours in a theater. I did read and see a lot of spoilers.