Music Metal

I'm not sure if they would be considered metal (?) but I was supposed to see Evanescence and Within Temptation next month but it has been postponed because of the virus, just like a lot of other concerts I had coming up.:unamused:

I've seen some good ones at Nine Inch Nails shows and Jinjer, but I am usually far enough away now to stay out of the mayhem. Back in the day, we called the whole mosh pit thing "slam dancing." It happened mostly at punk shows, which were awesome. I tried it once or twice, but it typically got really violent. I remember my friend's brother pulling me and his sister out of the pit because some guy had pulled a knife. Her brother was huge, so nobody messed with him, but he was worried about us, lol. It was at a show by a local band called The Probers.

Oh, wow!:eek:

I'm not sure if they would be considered metal (?) but I was supposed to see Evanescence and Within Temptation next month but it has been postponed because of the virus, just like a lot of other concerts I had coming up.:unamused:

Oh, wow!:eek:
I've missed out on two so far. I have tickets for Eluveitie in September, so I hope that one is still a go.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
Wow. Crazy stories. Someone had a knife? That's horrifying. I'm glad you weren't injured.
I usually observe moshpits from a safe distance as well. :laughing:
Yes, it was crazy! My friend's brother was on the case. We didn't even know that had happened. He told us after he yanked us away from the action.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Do you have favourites from Within Temptation or Evanescence?

Do you have favourites from Within Temptation or Evanescence?

To be honest I can't really remember Within Temptation that much. When I first heard they were supporting I was getting them confused with Lacuna Coil. :laughing:

I have seen Evanescence before, ages ago. 2003! I just checked, wow, I didn't realise it was that long ago.

I really like the old Sepultura. This vid is Max in Soulfly, but they played so much better than he does now.

But Electric Wizard is an entirely different level:

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Sax
Hell yeah. Sepultura is rad. I saw Soulfly at my very first concert when they opened for Pantera. Me and my friends were 15 and bought tickets in the cheap seats, but hopped the railing into general admission. Security had lights on us right away but we scattered into the mosh pit and lost em 🤘

Electric wizard is heavy stuff, I dig those guys.

The concert is now this November, delayed from April 2020, but we sold the tickets anyway!

We are going to see Placebo in November instead.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15