US McDonalds Vegan burger-2021

I have never seen an EVOS here in Central Florida. I see they have locations in the Tampa area. When I ever get back over that way, I will have to check them out!

Buying such a "burger" is still financially supported by the corporation (which also contributes to the death of many animals)

I've always thought their fries were awful-nothing to do with the beef flavor either, just salty cardboard
I would sometimes go to Micky D's for lunch, it's just a bit down the road
They need to have a separate way of cooking, and vegan mayo.

I've always thought their fries were awful-nothing to do with the beef flavor either, just salty cardboard
I would sometimes go to Micky D's for lunch, it's just a bit down the road
They need to have a separate way of cooking, and vegan mayo.
I didn't mind them back in the day, but I was always more of a Burger King girl anyway. :) I haven't eaten at a McDonald's in more than 30 years. :D

Do you buy groceries from supermarkets that also sell meat?
That is a good point but I will venture out on limb here.
McDonalds is sort of a special case. And perhaps worthy of a special type of vegan ire.

"Hundreds of millions of birds are bred each year for McDonald’s menu items such as McNuggets and McChicken sandwiches. Sadly, the chickens raised and killed for McDonald’s endure horrific treatment."

Its not all black and white. McDonalds has slowly implemented some reform in their industry, albeit slowly. They have responded in some cases to reports of cruelty in thier contract farmers. They have improved (slightly) the conditions of they egg layers.

But they are the third or second largest consumer of chickens. and they control their supply chain to a large degree. As far as becoming more humane ( I know, I hate applying that word to slaughter), they are far from an industry leader. Dragging their feet would be a kind description of what they do in that regard.

I read that the McD's Veggie Burgers don't use vegan mayo or vegan cheese. And if I want to eat a burger it's easier just to make my own as I love Beyond Burgers. Done up in the air fryer. MMMMMM We aren't traveling much at the moment but when we do go back to my home city we pass a number of service centres that all have an A&W and I love their Beyond Nuggets and their fries. I'm hoping that Beyond will make their nuggets available soon in the grocery stores.

Saw this at the Vienna Central Station way back in 2019. Wasn't sure if it was vegan.

Attachments

• 20190903_133939.jpg
    20190903_133939.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
I definitely want to try that burger. I looked and Deliveroo and Just Eat don't deliver it to my area as it is only in certain restaurants so I will have to go into a McDonalds to get it.

Reactions: EllieW