May Health Challenge (2017)

I have to admit, getting a little frustrated by the lazy feeling I've been feeling. I want to keep working hard, but it takes such a chunk out of the day.. First I have to get myself in the mood to get it done and by the time I do and the exercise and the running is done it tends to be nearing on 3pm, half the day is gone.

I have to admit, getting a little frustrated by the lazy feeling I've been feeling. I want to keep working hard, but it takes such a chunk out of the day.. First I have to get myself in the mood to get it done and by the time I do and the exercise and the running is done it tends to be nearing on 3pm, half the day is gone.
Maybe you can try mixing up your exercise routine a bit. I sometimes get in a rut in the winter when I can't walk outside, so I try to vary the workouts, sometimes doing dance videos or aerobics instead of the treadmill or the bike. Maybe check out the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels. That's a butt-kicking workout and it's under 30 minutes.

Today I got up really early to load up the car with stuff for the new house. I also did my walk at work, and I have more than 10,000 steps already! This is good, because yesterday I did not work out. :D I did a fair amount of sanding some spackle on the walls, though, and by day's end I was up over 8,000 "steps." I actually was sweating, so I consider that a mini-workout. :D If I can get to 15,000 today, that would get me above my goal of 11,000 a day. I confess, I fall short of that, but I usually hit 10K if I do work out. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I think I'm going to take a break from resistance training for awhile so I don't feel like it's taking up most of my day and just focus on my running.

Reactions: PTree15
Hope I can get back into regular running in the morning. but right now it is still friggin' cold.

It was 38 degrees this morning but I did a mile and half before work. :) And I lost two pounds.

I ran a little over 11 miles yesterday, but I wonder if it were enough to pad the caloric impact of stuffed jalapenos, nachos with beans, and the two or three glasses of beer.

Today is a do nothing day, I have to wait around all day on UPS to bring me more beer and mead :D

Maybe you can try mixing up your exercise routine a bit. I sometimes get in a rut in the winter when I can't walk outside, so I try to vary the workouts, sometimes doing dance videos or aerobics instead of the treadmill or the bike. Maybe check out the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels. That's a butt-kicking workout and it's under 30 minutes.

Today I got up really early to load up the car with stuff for the new house. I also did my walk at work, and I have more than 10,000 steps already! This is good, because yesterday I did not work out. :D I did a fair amount of sanding some spackle on the walls, though, and by day's end I was up over 8,000 "steps." I actually was sweating, so I consider that a mini-workout. :D If I can get to 15,000 today, that would get me above my goal of 11,000 a day. I confess, I fall short of that, but I usually hit 10K if I do work out. :D

This all sounds so exciting.

This all sounds so exciting.
I keep thinking, so exciting...NOT, lol. But then, under the circumstances, I guess it could be if one wanted to put a positive spin on it since it gets PTree that much closer to the finish line. :)

I keep thinking, so exciting...NOT, lol. But then, under the circumstances, I guess it could be if one wanted to put a positive spin on it since it gets PTree that much closer to the finish line. :)

Reading PTree's adventures with moving house, it all reminds me of when I moved into my very first home that I bought.

All the packing, cleaning, painting couldn't dampen my spirits. I will always remember the very first night that I slept in the flat (on a mattress) and the very first meal (rice salad) that I ate and it was just so memorable.:p

I'm starting my day off with two miles logged on my fitbit and it's only 8:30 a.m. A good start to the day! And I will do at least another 1.5 miles at lunch time.

Reactions: Val
I'm starting my day off with two miles logged on my fitbit and it's only 8:30 a.m. A good start to the day! And I will do at least another 1.5 miles at lunch time.

I envy your stamina. I've been on holiday for over a week and have only done one walk.:rolleyes:

Reading PTree's adventures with moving house, it all reminds me of when I moved into my very first home that I bought.

All the packing, cleaning, painting couldn't dampen my spirits. I will always remember the very first night that I slept in the flat (on a mattress) and the very first meal (rice salad) that I ate and it was just so memorable.:p
I am so looking forward to my official first meal, sleep and whatnot. This week was nuts with deadline week at work and my moving things every day. I didn't hit my exercise or sleep goals, but all the lifting of boxes and multiple trips up and down stairs is keeping me in check. I should be able to tone up a bit, haha. And I am so sleeping in tomorrow! I need to recharge.

I am so looking forward to my official first meal, sleep and whatnot. This week was nuts with deadline week at work and my moving things every day. I didn't hit my exercise or sleep goals, but all the lifting of boxes and multiple trips up and down stairs is keeping me in check. I should be able to tone up a bit, haha. And I am so sleeping in tomorrow! I need to recharge.

I'm sure that you're getting all the necessary exercise and work out with moving, plus going up and down those stairs.:up:

I only managed one walk on Saturday. It was pouring rain but I went to the mall and walked there. And even with a few house chores I only managed 6800 steps.

However, yesterday was a great day! I logged in 5400 steps before 9 am, enjoyed my Mother's Day company, then back to the mall with oldest daughter. I logged 12,400 by bedtime.

I'm most excited because I'm not feeling great. Lots of upper body aches and pains. But I feel like as long as the legs are working I need to push to keep them so. I keep thinking of my sister in a wheelchair and I'll be damned if I'm going to waste what I can still do when other people don't have the choice. It's bad enough that my anxiety restricts me. I have to keep the body moving when I can.

Walked ten days in a row. Today will most likely be a bust as I didn't sleep well at all. I can't possibly go for my morning walk. If I feel any better in a few hours, I will attempt to do something. But I'm not too hopeful. :sleepy:

Reactions: Val and PTree15
It's so funny - it's almost easier to get lazy and skip work outs in the summer than it is in the winter. The heat can be so intimidating. We're having our second heat wave of the year. Bleh. I got up early yesterday and this morning and ran/walked three miles before breakfast and coffee, just to get it done. I have 7000 steps in for today already, but getting 4k more might be a challenge as I plan to paint today. Oh well.

Reactions: Val
It's so funny - it's almost easier to get lazy and skip work outs in the summer than it is in the winter. The heat can be so intimidating. We're having our second heat wave of the year. Bleh. I got up early yesterday and this morning and ran/walked three miles before breakfast and coffee, just to get it done. I have 7000 steps in for today already, but getting 4k more might be a challenge as I plan to paint today. Oh well.
I totally agree. While it's true, I am enjoying the summer months more and more, where I used to hate Summer, I don't function when it's very hot.

I'm sure that you're getting all the necessary exercise and work out with moving, plus going up and down those stairs.:up:
Indeed! I got 17,000-plus steps on my official moving day, haha. I have been spotty in my walking since the big move, though. I was really tired one morning, so I just took it easy. Today I was in Boston and did a good amount of walking around. It was wicked hot, but it was still good to get in some walking.

I went for a walk today. I only did about 1.5 km as I went to the chemist's and Lidl's.

We're getting Lidl's - maybe in September! I have no idea what it is about. :???:

I ran/walked my route backwards this morning. I don't know why I don't do it more often as I get a much better view of the train bridge if I start out going left instead of right. I think I like to get the big hill out of the way sooner into my excursion than later.